Conveniently located just a short walk from the main street in Franz Josef Glacier and easy walk to the shops/restaurants in the town (recommend visiting the hot pools which are a 10 minute walk away and open til late in the evening). Friendly and helpful reception staff. Really good sized open plan room with kitchen facilities and a modern bathroom (shower only). Being a motel you get the noise from the central parking area out front but this usually only in the late afternoon - rest of the time the only noise is from the helicopters flying in and out of the village! A good place to base yourself to explore both Franz Josef and Fox (which is only a 20 minute drive away).
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Glacier Motor Hotel Franz Josef
- Alpine Glacier Motor Hotel
- Alpine Glacier Hotel
- Alpine Glacier Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 24 spacious, well appointed, ground floor studio and family units. Central village location with spectacular alpine and rainforest views, walk to restaurants, shops and attractions. King, queen, deck and spa units with kitchenettes, ensuite bathrooms, Sky TV, DVD players and complimentary DVD library. Spa pool, guest laundry and activities booking service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Alpine Glacier Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.