Stayed 2 nights in a Queen Studio.
The lodge was located next to the Glacier walk business and a service station which closed at 6pm. Franz Josef is a really sleepy town so there weren't any noise issues.
The apartment was spacious and well located. The bed was large and there was a small kitchenette (2 small portable burners, microwave and a small number of pots and pans etc) The microwave door had seen better days but it worked fine. The bathroom had a shower that shared a common floor area with the rest of the bathroom so there was a fair bit of water in the bathroom when you showered bit it wasn't too bad.
There was a laundry on location - not too cheap to use but not as expensive as others we'd seen.
The internet seemed to be reasonably priced however wasn't working when we were there so the manager gave us a free hookup in the office to check our email / banking etc...
Would definitely stay there again if we returned to FJ.
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Glacier Motor Hotel Franz Josef
- Alpine Glacier Motor Hotel
- Alpine Glacier Hotel
- Alpine Glacier Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 24 spacious, well appointed, ground floor studio and family units. Central village location with spectacular alpine and rainforest views, walk to restaurants, shops and attractions. King, queen, deck and spa units with kitchenettes, ensuite bathrooms, Sky TV, DVD players and complimentary DVD library. Spa pool, guest laundry and activities booking service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alpine Glacier Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.