Pretty average place. The main annoyance was a lack of cutlery, exacerbated by multiple guests who opted not to wash their dishes. The shower drain also didn't really drain, so it was pretty gross later in the morning after a few people had showered. The light in the other shower room was burnt out. Aside from those things, the place was decently quiet and clean, and the staff were friendly. Not sure if the other hostels would have been any better/worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ed welcomes you to Chateau Franz...Come and relax at Chateau Franz Motel & Backpackers after your fun filled day on the Glacier. Centrally located, we are only a few minutes walk to all Franz Josef has to offer. We offer a variety of accommodation to suit all budgets. A free spa pool, free homemade soup every evening, free breakfast, free movies, popcorn and friendly informative staff in a great atmosphere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chateau Franz, Motel & Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Franz, Motel And Backpackers
- Chateau Franz, Motel & Backpackers Hotel South Island