This hotel got great treviews as being updated all the time and having a lot of money poured into it. When you scratch below the obvious cosmetic improvements this hotel was expensive. Money needs to be spent on putting insect screens on the windows and doors rather than a stainless steel base on a shower cubicle. The insect screens will make a stay more pleasurable as the manangement have all the rooms wide open (including doors) when you arrive so the unit is filled with mosquitoes and flies . Too expensive for what you get but I underdstand that due to the geographic position they can charge what they wish. Most expensive place we stayed in 2 weeks of travelling and the 2nd most basic place ( the night before we had stayed at theplush Novotel on the Lake at Queenstown and had only paid half the rate that this place charges!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Matheson Motel is ideally located 400 metres from the town centre of Fox Glacier. While we have been proudly named after beautiful Lake Matheson for our 22 years in business, we are definitely a town based motel; and are not on the edge of the Lake which, like the Glacier, is a ten minute drive away. Our aim is to be 'simply nice'. This means we provide simple, clean and comfortable accommodation and focus on giving you good quality basics such as quality Sleepyhead beds, cotton linen, good showers, televisions (flat screens currently being installed in all units) and utensils. After extensive renovations over the past two years (we still have four units to complete this winter), we have gained a 4 star status with Qualmark, but have kept our prices at our original 3 Star Plus level. So come and enjoy our 21 studio and 2 bedroom units, with mountain views, in a peaceful location. We have a newly installed Zenbu wireless system, undercover parking for all units, some spa units, King or Queen bed units, continental breakfasts, a portable BBQ and a Guest Laundry for your convenience. We hope to welcome you to Fox Glacier soon. Myra, John and our son Jamie, Motel Managers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lake Matheson Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Matheson Hotel Fox Glacier
- Lake Matheson Fox Glacier