“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reflection Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fox Glacier
Reflection Lodge
141 Cook Flat Road, Fox Glacier, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7859, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Fox Glacier B&B and Inns
Delft, The Netherlands
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

If I could rate this Lodge 10 out of 5 I would. Welcome from the first to the last minute. A lovely clean, spacious bedroom with bathroom, with a beautiful view on the well kept garden. From the blanket to lie on the grass to the home-made cookies, every detail fits. The living room breathes warmth and is well decorated. Raelene is a perfect host with lots of information and good advice on where to go or eat. Lovely relaxed breakfast. She makes you feel like you're at home and really went out of her way to help us make the most of our stay. The view is simply stunning. Mt Cook and Mt Tasman where lit up in the evening light and reflected in the beautiful pond in front of the garden. A place that has given us lasting memories of our trip to New Zealand

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
With great delight I read this review I am so happy that you felt Welcome at Reflection Lodge
I had No trouble making you feel welcome It was Like you were long lost friends
So pleased that you got really good Photos, also the great west coast Weather .
Safe return home to your loved ones And looking forward to Meeting all your friends

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Being treated like one of the family made our stay at Reflection Lodge especially memorable. There were cups of tea, cookies, and other treats at odd hours, and expertly cooked poached eggs for breakfast. Raelene's pond with its perfect reflection of the mountains and convenient photo opportunities made a trip to Lake Matheson unnecessary to capture the reflection photo so popular in local postcards. The rest of the garden is just as lovely, beautifully designed and maintained. Our bedroom and bathroom were very comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed being able to catch the TV news and weather forecast on the leather sofa in the lounge. Sometimes "Bestie" jumped on the sofa to keep us company and have her tummy stroked; she is the most relaxed Jack Russell terrier I have ever seen. We also appreciated Raelene's extensive local knowledge and, of course, her delightful sense of humour and friendly welcome. I can't think of any other B & B stays that have ended with hugs all around and fervent promises to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Reflection Lodge is all about hospitality and making you feel welcome from the get go. The lodge itself has an amazing backdrop and although we stayed for only one night, Raelene made an awesome impression on us. Post fox glacier hike, she made hot milo for us, and gave cookies too amidst sharing travel trips/personal stories.

Reflection lodge is also very much about the company - Raelene singlehandedly tries to make everyone feel at home. Very genuine, and also makes an amazing breakfast one of the best poached eggs and home made jam ever!

Room Tip: We chose the ensuite room and it was spacious and though we were 2 people, this room could fit 2 adu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I was so thrilled to read your review .thank you for the kind words, I am pleased you enjoyed your time at Reflection Lodge and my poached eggs fresh from the chickens . look forward to meeting you again in the future and your friends Many thanks for the Nice review
Ipswich, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Of the fifteen homestays I recently made in as many days, on reflection, Reflection Lodge with its vibrant hostess, Raelene, must be deemed to be number 1. From the moment I arrived to the moment I somewhat reluctantly departed I was made to feel so much at home enjoying not only the comforts of her beautifully maintained home and garden with its outstanding scenery but the presence of someone who was able to make a visitor from another country feel so much at home in her New Zealand........You are indeed a true ambassador for your country, Raelene.

Room Tip: Choose a small private establishment not a commercial one
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
With great delight I read this review and I am so happy that I was able to make your stay enjoyable and reflectionlodge will stay in your good memory corner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

If your travels take you to Fox Glacier I can highly recommend Reflection Lodge, We stayed there for only one night on a wet and dreary October day, but Raelene's welcome could not have been warmer. My wife and I had an excellent room with a very warm and comfortable bed and a very nice en suite. Our friend was travelling with us and he had a single room with a private shower.
We were only staying one night but Raelene made us feel right at home in the main living room/kitchen area and gave us some great insights into what to see in the area and when it looked like we might not get across Haast Pass and would be spending an extra day in Fox Glacier she told us to call and she would see what could be done about finding us accommodation. Luckily we did get across the pass a little later than we had hoped but we made it. I was new to the term Home Stay but it really describes the service that Raelene provides, she welcomes you into her home and treats you like friends - I can highly recommend Reflection Lodge.
I would be remiss if I did not also mention that she has access to the freshest local whitebait. Our friend who was traveling with us was from Wellington and he was ecstatic about the whitebait. Overall a tremendous experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for the lovely words . I also enjoyed every minute of your time with me at Reflection Lodge. so pleased you enjoyed the Whitebait and the surroundings In good West Coast weather
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Raelene looked after us so well. My two 15 year old boys and I felt welcome in Raelene's home. The facilities are great and the breakfast excellent. Could not have wished for a better stay. We were lucky to be there during the whitebait season and tasted the straight out of the river. Delicious. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine with good access to bathroom facilities
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for the lovely Review . I am so happy that I made your stay At Reflection lodge a enjoyable time .I also Enjoyed Your company very much .
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our host, Donna, was looking after the place in lieu of Raelene who was on fishing trip. Donna made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed staying there. Breakfast was nice: fresh eggs from the hens in the farm... yoghurt and orange juice and tea and jam/marmalade on toast.

The house is very likeable with lots of character and quirky antiques and a real fireplace... The rooms are comfortable and the gardens are so well kept and charming...

I noted the level of privacy here was not the same as other b&b's which have separate parts of the house for the host and for the guests; here Donna's room was connected to the same hallway as our guest rooms. Nonetheless our stay was superb and uninterrupted, I highly recommend this place if you are looking to stay at Fox Glacier, it is sublime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
reflectionlodge, Manager at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
thank you for the lovely review I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your time at ReflectionLodge

Been to Reflection Lodge? Share your experiences!