“A beautiful place with a most wonderful host. Thank you Jo for the best birthday ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillsfield House Bed and Breakfast Marlborough

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Renwick
Hillsfield House Bed and Breakfast Marlborough
You added Hillsfield House Bed and Breakfast Marlborough to your Saves list
33 Blicks Road, Renwick 7204, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Renwick B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is my first tripadvisor review as I felt compelled to share my wonderful experience here with everyone. My friends and I stayed at the Hillsfield House for 2 nights (took over both rooms) and had a great time. The furnishings are top notch and the property is beautiful, complete with a menagerie of miniature horses, alpacas and white doves. Thank you Jo for making my birthday (and our NZ trip) a very memorable one!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
WGTN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Our three night stay in "The Courtyard" was just delightful and full of little surprises. The little touches added by Steve & Jo make the place so very special. They will make sure you are very well looked after but give you the perfect amount of privacy - these are hosts who are very good at what they do!

The furnishings are beautifully done, breakfast just delicious and looked forward to each morning. Much enjoyed flicking through the magazines and the extras such as biscuits/fresh flowers/lovely hand wash etc in the room were much appreciated.
There is a reason this place has so many positive reviews on the internet!

Thank you Steve & Jo for sharing your property with us and making us feel so welcome. We wish you all the best and will be recommending you to our friends :)

A ++ !

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I began our three week honeymoon in New Zealand in Renwick at this B&B. For the rest of the trip, we compared everything to these accomodations and nothing could measure up. This is the BEST place to stay in New Zealand, hands down. From the greeting, to the warm cozy room, to the lovely breakfast we couldn't have been luckier than to stay here. Thank you Jo and Steve for the best experience.

West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This was by far the best accommodation we stayed in on our 3 week holiday in New Zealand. From the olive tree orchard, surrounding vineyards and mountains, to the white doves that live on the property I don't see how there could be a better place! Jo is the most sincere and sweetest host. She makes a superb breakfast that is personally tailored to your tastes and dietary needs. You can also expect to find little gifts of fresh fruit, delicious cookies and chocolates in your room. I should also mention that Renwick itself is a beautiful area. Jo was kind enough to lend my partner and I some bikes so we set out to explore the many vineyards in the area. It was so peaceful and beautiful that my boyfriend decided that "that was the place" and we are now engaged! We definitely plan to stay at the Hillsfield House next time we visit New Zealand!

West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Immediately upon entering the Hillsfield House I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and ease. Jo and Steve could not be better hosts and the accommodation could not have been more spectacular. I traveled NZ for over a month, and I don't drink wine, yet our stay in Renwick was among our most favorite parts of the trip because of this place. It actually inspired me to propose to my girlfriend, who I had been planning to propose to but was unsure of where and when to do it. We typically love interacting with our hosts as much as possible, but if that is not your thing you are given plenty of privacy during your stay. The rooms are elegant and the service was impeccable. Highly recommended and will be the sole reason for our return to Renwick in the future (that and the whole engagement thing...)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Motueka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

From the time I spoke to Jo on the phone, I felt that she was a warm, friendly person. I was not dissapointed when I met her. She made us feel so welcome and could not do enough for us, making our stay there memorable. Everything is spotlessly clean with lots of little extra's. The location is very quiet and peaceful, yet near to all amenities.
I would certainly recommend Hillfield to friends and family, it is great value. I hope that I will have the opportunity to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We regretted having only 1 night in this idyllic place. The room was spacious and beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean and the bed was really comfortable. Our hosts were very welcoming and helpful. They kindly provided bikes so that we could cycle around the local vineyards. Tea and delicious cake on arrival were amazing, homemade biscuits too. Breakfast was delicious. We will certainly plan to return.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Hillsfield House Bed and Breakfast Marlborough? Share your experiences!