People treated us like they were always doing us a favour. One thing that for me is personally unacceptable is when you pay for a service or a product and still no one respects you. There was always an arrogant attitude coming from the staff and actually rude. I stayed there two nights, and I got seriously annoyed and upset by the treatment that was given to us especially from the restaurant staff. I would not recommend this place. If I had know better, I would have just rented a campervan instead of a car and slept in the car. At least I wouldnt have been upset by anyone rude!!
Hate hotels that have no sense of what the word HOSPITALITY mean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park