A unmanned tent would have provided better service. Why our tour company (G Adventures) should have booked this hotel; other than a misguided idea of "style" is beyond me. We got no help with luggage on arrival, were consigned to the backpacker café for a so called "dinner", were offered incredibly expensive internet access and suffered more indignities that I will not bore you with. The party were mainly successful older (50+) people who had seen the world and should have been welcomed but this hotel just couldn't be bothered (and I was amongst the least disappointed in the party). So many of the other reviews just hit the place so accurately.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.