My group and I have just finished staying here for a week and I have to say - WOW! The location (while wet) (but then - tis the season) was remote and gorgeous. Nothing felt more swag than sitting in leather chairs in front of a roaring fireplace drinking JW Blue with my friend. Carson and Richard made some amazing cocktails too! Grand Margaritas are. so. damn. good!
The rooms were cozy, not terribly modern but I guess that's the look they're going for - old grandure. The panio player was a nice touch but they could benefit from an in-house DJ or something less jazzy being played all the darn time! Hearing Gangdam Style was actually a breath of fresh air.
The kitchen must be run with an iron fist. Everything I had was delightful. As the saying goes - the first bite is with the eyes. The waiters were attentive but some need to relax and stop looking so uptight/unhappy. I want to enjoy my dinner - not wonder why you look so upset. Eat some cake or something!
I keep wondering why the conference room we used assent turned into the pool/gym instead of the other was around. Having a thermal bath and being able to look out on the horizon would have been amazing. Still - the pool is private and the games room has Xmen vs Streetfighter! GET IN!!!
See you all next year!
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Olotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.