“Amazing cafe!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 restaurants in Warkworth
Cuisines: European, Café, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A pretty seaside cafe with the water coming right up to below the conservatory window at high tide. All meals are cooked freshly to order or chose a quick home baked snack. In the evenings we offer a la carte dining as a rustic but sophisticated dining option for Sandspit. If you would like to come for dinner due to our scenic location please be sure to book so we know you will be coming along.
Warkworth, Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Café sandspit is by far one of the best cafes in the Rodney district! They have the best food and the service you get is brilliant. Couldn't ask for a better café :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A great destination on the edge of the Hauraki Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was certainly worth the visit as the Cafe is perched on the gateway wharf to Kawau island and the Hauraki Gulf. There are tables inside and outside to cater for the weather and the menu is comprehensive with cafe food together with more substantial offerings for hungry travellers. As a seaside venue it has a bias to seafood ,all very fresh and well presented.Did not try the coffee however I have heard it is very good from a beautiful three group machine.The view is wonderful and contributes to the overall laid back atmosphere.We will certainly return

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Snells Beach, New Zealand
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I came here with friends over the weekend. I loved the view. The food was really good, with generous sized portions. The coffee was just right. I would be keen to dine in the evening one night - the menu looked very interesting.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Below average food and service..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went with my nana, mum and sister on the weekend just for a lunch outting.
The view was great but that was the best thing about the whole dinning experience.
The waitress that we had was sulky and rude, I don't think she smiled at all.
The food was average, we could of made it at home for half the price and it would of left me feeling a whole lot happier than when I left your place.
When we went to pay, I also felt that Justin was a bit to full, also charging customers to use their visa, we just spent over $70 and you are going to charge us to pay for our meal too. You should incorporate this cost into the menu.
Your smart little meme and at the counter of Willy Wonka made me laugh, at you, not with.
Maybe if you did your job correctly people wouldn't tell you how to run a business.
I can see from your replies that you don't take to bad reviews very well.
Maybe if you changed the things people are mentioning over and over you would get more positive reviews.
And lastly maybe you should remember the golden rule.. The customer is always right.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
robynkingston, Owner at Cafe Sandspit, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I'm glad you saw our sign, it is specifically for customers like yourself who believe they have a right to tell hospitality workers how to do their job. How condescending you are.. We have worked extremely hard over the past year to up the standard of this restaurant, with love and commitment. As you can see from our other reviews, about 90% of our clients tell us how much they enjoy our food. However there are always some who don't. It's called personal taste. What it also shows is that the customer is not always right. That is an absurd concept, peoples' tastes differ... Just because I work in hospitality doesn't make me your servant. With regard your comment on using visa, why should you expect our cash and eftpos paying customers to bear the cost for you to use visa? We believe in fairness and if you chose to use visa then we add a $2 charge to you, this is generally below what we are being charged but this way we don't pass that charge onto our other customers.
Sydney, Australia
“Great views and kids area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a lovely lunch here yesterday, although we had to wait a wee while for the food the view was superb and the kids were entertained by a kids corner, complete with a movie and kids couches. Food was yummy and kids meals great value. Would go back for the view alone!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere