“Great for kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Kiwi Farmstay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warkworth
A Kiwi Farmstay
231 Martin Access Rd | Ahuroa, Warkworth 0984, New Zealand   |
Special Price
Off peak rate
Auckland
“Great for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We took our 10 year old twins, and they had an amazing time. Being able to get up close to all the animals, feeding them and seeing life outside the city was fantastic. The host Smon, was great, entertaining us all and took the kids for a bike ride, showed them how to shear a sheep and fix a fence. The campfire in the evening was very relaxing. I would definitely recommend the place for anyone with kids or a relaxing, old - fashioned ( in the best sense) break.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Whether this is your first time tourist visit to New Zealand and you are after a genuine kiwi farm experience or you just want to get away from the city hustle and bustle - A Kiwi Farmstay is a place to visit. Simon is a great host - he goes out of his way to make your stay as enjoyable a possible, while really making you feel like a part of his family ! He is also great with kids (having two adorable children of his own), very down to earth and approachable - nothing is ever trouble! During your stay there you will have the opportunity to feed the animals, share sheep, have a ride on the motor bike, go for a horse ride to a near-by farm and many more. The animals are amazing - I never knew domestic animals are capable of the pet type of affection towards people. My soon took special liking to a baby goat - kid Maddy who spent most of our stay there cuddled up to him in his lap. He found it so hard to part with her and talks about going back to visit her all the time! I highly recommend this place, especially if you have children - they will just love it!! The only down side will probably be having to listen to them going on an on about the farm and asking to go back lol !!. I know one thing for sure - we definitely will !

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gore, Southland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have travelled all over the world but my favourite was Kiwi Farm Stay. Got the real Kiwi experience and made life long friends as well as saw the animals hands on !!!!! I have never been so comfortable and welcomed at a B and B or motel so I invite anyone to feel the real New Zealand people and still have your space while emerging in the culture you don't get in the city to see what New Zealand or the real country life is like. Plus it is real close to the city with out knowing so I got my shopping in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Hey. I arrived at Simons Kiwi Farmstay with the plan to stay only one night and hit the road again. Finally I stayed more than two weeks mostly because it was such a great expierence! Also i got a flu Simon was so kind to give me a bed and time to get well again. Thank you again for that!!! I really felt like part of the family and part of the Farmteam wich was both great. It is not the biggest farm but exactly thats what i liked most. You get the names of the Sheep and Goat and Cows. And Simon is a great host even he is working halftime as a paramedic! Oh and a big plus is the lucky pig with the name Lucky! I have never seen a cooler pig in my live. I am really looking forward to see you guys again and recommend this place to anybody!

• Stayed June 2013
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great place to go with family of any ages, but especially the kids. Accommodation is more than reasonable but by far the best part about akiwifarmstay is being able to get real close with the animals. This is the third time we have been there as a family, and unlikely to be the last. The children (ages 4,8 and 12) feel totally at home and look forward to seeing, touching, feeding and generally helping out with animals.

Staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you and quick trip into Walkworth and there is horse riding, a shooting/ mini-golf, driving range and baseball machine pitcher where all the family can enjoy, restaurants etc

I doubt many other farmstays offer the same accessibility to the animals. Highly recommend

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My sister and i (Taiwan) visited A kiwi farmstay in September.When we arrived we got this warm welcoming from a really cute lamb jumping around us even follow us to the cottage we stayed. It was a bit chilly on the day of our arrival , the heaters are already on in the cottage which is very nice. The kitchen is fully equipped with hot water jug, Microwave, cups and others. Walking through the muds with gumboots was a bit a bit challening but both my sister and i had lots fun feeding the pig,chickens and lambs which is really cool experience for us. We also enjoyed having horse riding on the second day of our trip , though its not our first time to ride on the horse we still had lots of fun riding on the horse while viewing the lovely scenery. We also went on a really cool bike riding near the farm-stay , we get to view the great scenery by the point we stop. And we are very lucky to attend the owner's daughter's birthday party! All the people we met are really kind! We'll definitely visit A Kiwi Farmstay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in my campervan and in the dorm room. The atmosphere is like being part of the family when I was at A Kiwi Farmstay. We fed the goats, lambs, cows, pig, ducks and chickens every day, and gathered eggs from the hen house.

I stayed in the dorm rooms and in my campervan. Staying in the dorm is nice because you get to join in the family life happening in the lounge and kitchen. I gave the place a '3' for cleanliness because it is a farm... there will be mud on your gumboots and it isn't a place suited for neat-freaks!

Simon gave me a tour of the self-contained cottage which is really nice and looks like a comfortable place for a family to stay. And the place as a whole is very kid-friendly.

If you are looking for a place near Auckland that feels far away, and want to be part of a kiwi experience I recommend giving A Kiwi Farmstay try.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to A Kiwi Farmstay? Share your experiences!