“nice but getting old” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Warkworth B&B and Inns
Buderim, Australia
“nice but getting old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and had mixed feelings of the place. First the staff were very good and helpful. The restuarant was very good the food was fantastic and the staff again very good.
The room was large but was in need of some renovations but was clean and the bathrooms had been done up. I had booked for 3 days but stayed 4 so it was not that bad.
At $ 120per night - I think it was over priced - especially when we had stayed at Skycity and the Quest Rotorua the 4 nights before and they were 5 star for about $200 per night.
I would be careful to whom I recomended it to - fussy people may not be pleased.

Room Tip: no air conditioners - summer could be a problem
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
new zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night, I had a basic and clean room. It was fairly quiet so had a good sleep. Its probably price a little high for what you get. Check in the guy was very friendly and showed me to my room. Had dinner there as well, as I was dining on my own, it was a little hard to get service to begin with. The waitress seemed to walk past my table several times, so in the end I had to approach the bar to let them know that I was ready to place a order. The meal was lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked out the function area for a day and a half meeting and several rooms for an overnight stay however we did not bother to stay for dinner after the manager was rude. We were told we were not allowed to have afternoon drinks in the function room, which was fine, so we offered to pay corkage and were abruptly told its 'Fifty bucks a bottle corkage'. We quickly left and found a great little cafe a couple doors down who even agreed to open early for us the following day for breakfast.
Not all of our rooms had been serviced with towels and one of the rooms even had all the previous occupants' empty coffee and sugar packets still there.
When we requested towels we were given towels but no bathmat or face cloth as we hadn't specifically requested those...

The beds were fine enough but the whole experience was really overshadowed by how rude and unaccommodating the manager was considering we'd booked out nearly all of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night after seeing Whangarei Falls and Bay of Islands. The room was comfortable, basic but very clean and exactly what we needed for a one night stopover. The restaurant though was just gorgeous! It was very wintery - lights and lovely decorations and a wonderful atmosphere. We were there on a Saturday and the place was packed - no surprise with the great service and food to match.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here just one night and just had to observe either they want to be in the accommodation business or stick to what they do best- the restaurant and bar.
I phoned first but when I arrived the young man was just to busy to deal with me but silly me agreed to take the room on offer. Had dinner and drinks in their lovely bar which have to say was excellent but once back to the room it went downhill. I guess what they need to evaluate is that the offer no service to paying guests, no breakfast available and in the morning no where to hand key into, reception area all locked up. Payment was collected at booking in time and no way I was able to charge my meal to my room, annoying. T V remote didn't work and in the middle of winter rather a cold experience ! Sorry guys not good enough for the rate charged, I won't be back except to eat in your lovely bar, hopefully I will find a good motel or such handy. An interesting answer to the question regarding breakfast " oh there are plenty places that might be open in the morning " hmmm might was not what I was looking for. !

Room Tip: None, don' t chose any
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night recently on the recommendation of Jo at the ISite information centre Warworth(who also booked for us). I have to agree with the previous reviews, it is nothing flash but if you are only staying for one night it is well located close to the centre of town. We dined in the Shark Bar and had Lamb Shanks, they were the best I have ever had the meat just fell off the bone. If they were to do the rooms up a bit they would be very good, the only plus was the very large TV on the wall. Other than that the room is very poor.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warkworth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We take overseas visitors to the Bridgehouse for a meal and there is always a friendly pub atmosphere .
Our waiter for the evening was Daniel and he was charming. In fact, we are always impressed by the staff.
The food selection had something to please anyone. I had the Morrocan lamb salad and my companions had steak. We were all happy. The wine selection is good too.
I have reviewed this Lodge before and love it's riverside setting and decor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bridgehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!