The photo on line looks deceptive. Great if you get one of the 6 or so chalets overlooking the estuary, otherwise you might get, like us, another chalet 8 metres away looking straight into yours and just behind the main street. It is well planted out but chalets are tired. No heated towel rail so our towels were damp in the morning. Bed was comfy and lovely quality bedding. The full size cooker seemed superfluous and no milk was offered unlike many motels we stayed at. The take away at the garage served good food and there is a small supermarket just over the road. We booked through Booking.com and the walk in rates were much cheaper on the day so paid more and had to stay the 2 nights booked. They did upgrade us although the chalet we got was not good value compared with 8 others we'd stayed in. We were so looking forward to this idealistic setting but wouldn't have stayed if viewed first. They do have a good selection of films which they stream to your chalet except that the TV was old and grainy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pacific Harbour Lodge is an attractive Tairua accommodation option for those wanting an island style holiday. Our well-appointed chalets are set among lush vegetation on the shores of the spectacular Tairua Harbour. We have a wide range of on-site facilities, a restaurant and cafe, and even a day spa for luxurious treatments. Just 50 meters from the center of Tairua, Pacific Harbour Lodge Tairua is a 20-minute drive from Hot Water Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pacific Harbour Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Harbour Hotel Tairua
- Pacific Harbour Lodge Tairua, South Pacific - New Zealand