“great find off the main drag in Tairua” 4 of 5 stars

The Esplanade, Tairua, New Zealand
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
New Mexico, USA
“great find off the main drag in Tairua”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The Cypress Tree was a welcome find, serving great food with great service--when all other restaurants in the city were closed on the Sunday before Christmas. Impressive menu and good location with patio and huge windows offering scenic view over the water--or rain.

Visited December 2011

Oslo, Norway
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I went here because we heard about their amazing pizza. We did not regret it! Be sure to taste the pizza called "the Coz"! I´m not exaggerating when I´m saying; it´s the best pizza I´ve ever had! The service is good too! We will be back!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona, USA
“Amazing food, courteous staff and an intimate atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My wife and I were in NZ for our honeymoon and we spent a few nights in Tairua. Our favorite place that we ate was the Cyprus Tree. The food was excellent, masterfully prepared and designed, and we felt like we were the only people there even though it was mostly full. We did not have a reservation, but were seated relatively quickly. The wait staff was very polite and attentive, and we enjoyed some terrific NZ wine that they were able to recommend for us. If only we could have eaten them more often!

• Visited November 2010