“Great food and coffee” 4 of 5 stars

+64 9-408 1160
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Kaitaia
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: Situated in the centre of Kaitaia, with modern decor,we have seating available indoors & out for up to 60 - 70 people. If you have a special occasion ie: birthday or business luncheon ect we have a private function room you can book. We roast our own coffee beans on site, and this is available for purchase. For those in a hurry, we have a wide selection of cabinet/counter foods, fresh salads made daily, mini chicken roll roasts, quiches, filo pastries, Panini, croissants, baking ect or you can order from our hot food selection Vegetarian or Creamy Chicken Fettuccini, Gourmet Burgers, Caesar Salad, Asian Chicken Salad, Steak sandwiches not to mention our weekly specials or Breakfast & Child Menu!!!
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great food and coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I came to this café almost every day during my trip to Kaitaia. It was probably the only modern-looking café that I had noticed during my trip there. All others had quite outdated décor. It opens very early (before 8am) and serves delicious baked items and has great coffee. I recommend the almond croissant or the muffins. I didn't notice a breakfast menu apart from pancakes, so this would've been a bonus if they were able to do this also.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bodercia, Owner at Gecko Cafe, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
The review I just forwarded was for 'Great food and coffee' NOT the review 'Lovely Atmosphere and Food' - sorry my mistake