“High-quality food & beautiful setting” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“High-quality food & beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

We had a very tasty meal at The Church. It is a bit pricey but well worth it as the food is high quality! It is a very romantic place to enjoy a bit, or even a nice place to treat yourself in a beautiful setting.

Visited April 2015

“Supurb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

The food was excellent, beautiful presentation, friendly staff and very romantic atmosphere. We stayed at The Church so it was so nice to just walk to the restaurant for dinner then back to our cottage to change to go to hot water beach later that night!

Visited December 2014
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

Really great Spanish influenced menu at really reasonable prices. We loved the food and the atmosphere and it is definitely a place we'd like to visit again. We went both nights for dinner during our stay at The Church accommodation. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2015
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Very welcoming, nice relaxed atmosphere. Waiter provided good advice on wine and food!
Food was excellent-had the mezze platter to start, followed by lamb tagine which was excellently cooked, friends were equally impressed with their steaks and fish of the day! Was too full for dessert but friends very pleased with creme brûlée and chocolate brownie! Very good value and very tasty-definitely worth a visit!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food in a 'chilled' atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

The Church catered for my wedding back in 2006 and I found the food to be superb. It's changed hands a couple of times since then, but I was not disappointed by my latest visit. The tapas approach worked very well and I had a great harissa chicken dish as a main. The quality of the food and atmosphere was such that I felt compelled to order a second bottle of wine (I hasten to add my wife was also sharing both the experience and the bottles). This doesn't happen that often, so I do use it as an indication that a restaurant has got things just right. The Church certainly did on this occasion and I will definitely be back as soon as I can!

• Visited April 2015