“Superb lunch and location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mount View
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Queensland, Australia
“Superb lunch and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

A fabulous location and the ambience of the restaurant was relaxing with delightful views of the valley and vines. The service is delightful with a very personal touch. French influence was evident in food and surrounding, and did not disappoint, the figs baked with prosciutto and blue cheese dressing, and a must try is the rabbit terrine and duck liver pâté. The chocolate mousse with cinnamon mille fuielle the best we have had and I had the poached apricot, fresh berries with soft crushed meringue. A must visit, put on your list when you visit the Hunter.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Perfection with a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After a full day's wine-tasting in 35 degree heat and a gourmet dinner with lots of wine and scotch, I was not feeling my best when we wound our way up to Bistro Molines the following day. We were even umming and aahing about not going altogether but thankfully common sense prevailed and I don't have to regret missing out on such a gem - this place is spectacular.

When you walk in through their gorgeous entrance covered in climbers with the most gorgeous vineyard views, you could be in Italy or France yet you're two hours out of Sydney. The restaurant is French cuisine and the beautiful decor reflects that perfectly. The menu was extensive and it all looked delicious.

As it was very hot and lunch time, we only had a main each - the filet minion with potato gratin and bearnaise and the pork rib with apple and sage glaze and baby turnips. Both were beautifully cooked and packed full of fresh, delicious flavour and the steamed veggies we ordered on the side tasted like they'd been pulled out the ground that morning. For dessert we shared an amazing orange cheese cake with fresh fruit. I looked away for 2 seconds and my mother had practically devoured the lot! Yummy.

It would be wrong to say the star here is the view as, stunning as it is, the whole package of brilliant food, lovely and professional staff, authentic and attractive decor AND the view makes for a stellar experience that I don't think is rivaled in the Hunter.

Visited January 2013
“Disappointing experience overall;”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Coming here I had built up a lot of expectations as I've heard such fave reviews about the chef unfortunately I found this place very bland. We were seated in a separate room so any ambience was lost, the food was a real disappointment especially for the hefty price you have to pay; I ordered baked figs with Gorgonzola minus the Gorgonzola not sure what happened to it and I had deboned spatchcock which came boned with very bland tomato sauce. Disappointing experience overall. Would not come here again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“View,ambience & dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Girls weekend with besties finished off with a lunch comprising of good food, service, ambience and views. The setting is Tuscan minus the olive groves high on a hill with lovely views. French style cuisine, with a dessert that was one of the best I have ever had. Mille fuille chocolate mousse with caramelised orange. 10/10. The house dessert wine very good also. Service attentive without being intense. An all round very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Beautiful food, view and decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food was good quality and reasonably priced and we got served a bowl of veggies for free!
The service was a little below par for fine dining but I'm pretty sure the waitress was new and she was trying very hard so no complaints, just a comment. We had entrees and mains but found the desert list not inspiring and didn't order any.
the highlight is probably the view off the balcony, out over the wines towards to valley it really is vert pretty... so not sure why people were not seated on the balcony??? the tables were set and the weather was good but for some reason everyone bar 1 table was seated inside. 1 couple requested an outside table and the waiter said no, they asked again and eventually he let them move outside, I found this abit annoying as I would have prefered to sit out but was not given the option. overall we enjoyed it but the service in general needs polishing before i could five it 5 stars

Visited November 2012