The success of our trip into the Amazon basin owed mainly to to our naturalist guide, Paul, and our native guide Theo. Paul spoke perfect English, was immensely knowledgeable and hugely enthusiastic about his subject. And charming with it. Theo spoke no English but managed to communicate nevertheless - showing us a lot about how the natives have learned to use all the natural resources of the jungle. And always smiling. Without Paul we would have seen very little - he taught us how to "see" in the jungle (it's very dense and much of what there is to see is at the insect level). We were there 6 days and had one day pretty much wiped out by rain. Take note that you could easily lose several days to rain. High point for me was catching a piranha. Swimming in the lake is slightly nerve wracking tho ! Lodge is very high standard, food is good. Richard & Val Evans visiting from UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge is the perfect Reserve for all kinds of travelers. We offer naturalists - wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you.At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guide and a bilingual Naturalist Guide divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well hearing, seeing and even smelling things guests cannot, they are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon.Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the AmazonThe Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park