Overall, an incredible experience.
We traveled to Ecuador summer of 2012 with our 3 kids (8, 10 and 12 years). We booked our trip to the amazon thru our Hotel in Quito. Once booked, all we had to do is to show up at the hotel lobby the morning of the trip with our bags. They took care of everything. picked up in a private shuttle to the airport. Greeted by their agent who handed us our airline tickets and took us thru the security into the plane, helped us get our luggage on the other end.
That is where fun began. From high speed canoe ride, to hiking thru the jungle to get to the lagoon where the lodge is located. A second canoe ride brought us to the La Selva lodge, an incredible, comfortable luxury in the middle of amazon. This is a very very well organized place. Two to three guided tour (by foot or by Canoe) per day as well as night tours to see the nocturnal animals. There is electricity, warm showers, wonderful food and very very safe.
Do bring binoculars and telephoto zoom lenses.
We caught Piranhas off the dock, swam in the lagoon, visited local families (shot blow darts) and howled back at the howling monkeys. All in 3 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge is the perfect Reserve for all kinds of travelers. We offer naturalists - wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you.At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guide and a bilingual Naturalist Guide divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well hearing, seeing and even smelling things guests cannot, they are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon.Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the AmazonThe Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park