“Great local BBQ restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Forest Hill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Great local BBQ restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was in town for business and heard about Off the Bone BBQ and gave it a shot. Lots of character in the location and the food did not disappoint. I had the brisket and sausage with sweet cole slaw and a piece of buttermilk pie. The brisket and sausage were juicy and full of flavor and did not require a lot of BBQ sauce. The slaw was great with pieces of pineapple and raisins in there. This is the first piece of buttermilk pie and it is homemade. It was really good and should be ordered with every meal. I highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fayetteville, WV
“FANTASTIC BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

While on vacation, we looked for some mom and pop BBQ places and found a review for Off the Bone BBQ of Forest Hill, Texas. We absolutely wish this place would move to WV so we could eat it at least once a week. The best BBQ we have ever had!!! The BBQ did not need sauce as it was tender, juicy and tasty, however, the homemade BBQ sauce was too good to resist so we had to divide the meal between with and without sauce. Off the Bone BBQ is one that I would recommend to anyone who loves BBQ and BBQ done the right way! If available, we would order to have it delivered to WV.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The BEST BBQ in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The best, hands down. Traveled to Dallas for pleasure and were in search of the best BBQ. Discovered this place as it was listed as #1 in the Dallas area for BBQ (by D Magazine).

We got to the restaurant (on Mansfield) about 30 minutes before close and they already had indoor seating closed off, we were directed to go to the drive-thru. Fine by us, we were hungry and wanted our BBQ! We ordered the beef brisket, ribs, mac n'cheese, potato salad, and peach cobbler. Perfection. Plenty of meat on the bones (pecan smoked), tender and moist brisket, quality sides, and the peach cobbler was heavenly.

I wish I could be a regular, but living nearly 1,000 miles away prevents that! I highly recommend you dine at this very fine establishment and I plan to return when I'm in the area again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The way I like it, very busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

There would only be a few things to change, so keep do in what your doing. Ribs, Briskets, Bologna & the sides. Sweet tea, and a very happy waiteress.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

First time eating here. The location (reno'd Dairy Queen) was spotlessly clean. Worth the drive from hotel in Fort Worth. Had the mixed platter. Ribs, (excellent), Chicken, (I wish I could have more) and sausage (ok). First time for fried okra, will have to get back for more. Ample portions therefore took some back to hotel. Offered the take home to another hotel guest who said they were not hungry but my ribs & chicken disappeared.

Visited March 2014