“Great Food In A Questionable Neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great Food In A Questionable Neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

New Bedford is a hard city to navigate if you are not familiar with it especially with the major road construction. We finally arrived to the restaurant and parked on the street right in front. No one greeted us when we went in, there was not a single staff member in the dining area. After a while one of the other patrons who was already seated looked up. I asked if we should just sit down, he nodded yes. After a while our server finally took our order. I assumed everything on the menu was Portuguese but, I do not believe it is. I ordered the swordfish which was very good but, seemed like regular New England fare. There wasn't any special spices, just lemon and butter. It was very good and the portion was big. The steamed potatoes and green beans were a bit bland. My girlfriend had salad and bread since there were no real vegetarian options (we kind of expected this). Our server was friendly but, I definitely noticed the Portuguese group next to us receiving superior service. I asked our server if there were any bakeries nearby and she said yes and gave us some vague directions. She failed to tell us that the there was major road construction and drug dealers openly selling on the street in that area. Overall, the food and value are very good and the service a bit lacking.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Newton, Massachusetts
“Beyond great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Martha Stewart visited this casual restaurant. When we first went the menu was in Portuguese. Still if you are not Portuguese you will be in the minority.
Large portions of authentic food. Great meals that cannot be any better. The Paella for two was shared by two. At home it was three more meals.
My friends came to Boston from California having been To Antonio's once. The first place we had to travel to was Antonio's.
Don't miss the Whaling Museum on Johnny Cake Hill. Enjoy!

Visited October 2012
Wales
“Great Portuguese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited Antonios twice on a recent visit to Fairhaven and on both occasions had to queue for a table which is always a good sign. The food is plentiful, so dont go if you have a small appetite! The steaks are cooked to perfection as is the seafood. If you are in the area you should definitely go to Antonios.

Visited October 2012
cleveland
“This restaurant deserves its praise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Based on the discussion with my fellow "forum" friends, I selected this place for my Portuguese dinner. I was wonderful!! I is a good thing I do not live here since this would be a regular part of my diet. Being warned ahead of time, my wife and I shared our selections. I was more than enough. The food was as good as it was plentiful. The staff were friendly as were our fellow diners. I provided an at home feeling, just like mother would cook up (if she was Portuguese). We had no room for dessert (sadly).

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Captiva Island, Florida
“Great Portuguese food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good portions, great prices. Love the shrimp crochets and bread. I am 28 and I have been going here since I was a baby. I can't say enough about the food and service here. It is all great!

Visited May 2012