“Great little Zoo” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 19 Attractions in New Bedford
“Great little Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After I read some of the reviews I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend the money and time going to this place but I am so happy we did. We are traveling from Maryland and we were looking for something to do with our 2 girls a 9 month old and a 3 year old and this place was perfect of course it wasn't no Zoo like the one we had back in Baltimore but is was a really nice little Zoo and not run down at all. I would recommend to anyone with small children.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great for Little Ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this small zoo. Perfect for families with small kids - very walkable, very clean, won't break the bank. With about 20 exhibits in a park-like setting, you'll be able to spend time at each exhibit watching the animals and see it all within two hours. Leave some extra time to visit the large playground just outside the gates too.

Visited July 2014
Bethel, Maine
7 attraction reviews
“falling apart”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

it seems as though who ever is maintaining/managing this zoo is doing a very poor job. Most of the animals its so sad to even look at the exhibits. The grass is three feet tall how are we ever going to see the animals? especially the smaller ones. The seals look so under maintained it's a shame. When i passed by the beaver exhibit there was not even water. I have come here many times over the years with family and friends and it basically looks like it is falling apart.

Aside from the animals the younger staff should be watched closer. I kept seeing every one of them on their cell phones and when we were in the cafeteria i could hear swears left and right behind the counter, yes we can hear you and so can my young brother and nephew. As my family and i boarded the little train AND the carousel none of us even got a simple "Hello!"

please do something!!!

Visited July 2013
15 attraction reviews
“Good small zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

It's a small but nice zoo. Very clean and great for small children. There are several picnic areas and a large playground outside the zoo. There is also a carousel and a train ride in the zoo with a small additional cost. Overall a great day.

Visited June 2014
Plymouth, New Hampshire, United States
6 attraction reviews
“What a change!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went here as a child and finally took my two boys. They absolutely loved it!!! The zoo is so much better than when I was younger. Definitely going back!

Visited June 2013