“Good location across From Fairfield Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 204 Restaurants in New Bedford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Grille is New Bedford's premiere waterfront dining destination. Our menu is centers around the freshest local seafood around along with vegetarian and non-seafood options to satisfy everyone's cravings. We offer lunch and dinner on the water's edge and only minutes from the downtown area. With ample parking and seating, Waterfront Grille offers the ideal atmosphere for all of your dining experiences ranging from an intimate dinner for two to an all out party for 100 or more! Reservations are accepted for parties of five or more, and call-ahead seating is recommended for groups of all sizes.
Florida
“Good location across From Fairfield Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Had Panko Scallops and Skrod and of course creamy clam chowda. 2 visits. Good prompt service. Fresh and well prepared selections. If your in area it's a good place to check out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear JGA,

I am glad to hear that you had a chance to check us out when you were in town. Let us know what we can do to earn that fifth star and we'll do our best to deliver the next time you are up this way!

Thanks for the great comments,

Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

wonderful view of New Bedford's working harbor. good seafood and drinks. busy and it can be noisy... but it is a fun place to celebrate with a drink and snacks...

Visited November 2012
Dear Charles,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your latest visit to Waterfront Grille. I'm glad that you enjoyed the view, and it will only get better as the summer approaches and we open up our patio for outside dining. We hope to see you again, soon!

Thanks,

Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Nice portions and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here with my son for his birthday for a special dinner. He goes to UMass Dartmouth. He doesn't eat seafood, but I do and I wanted to try it. He went with the ribs and they were amazing! Fall off the bone tender, lean and extremely tasty! Side of mashed was creamy and delish, with a huge portion of steamed broccoli to go with it.
I got the orange ginger scallops with roasted carrots and coconut rice. I have to say it was fantastic. All of it was tasty with just the right amounts of flavor. The scallops were very sweet and obviously extremely fresh. The carrots were fantastic, I wish I could make them that good and the rice, perfect coconut flavor without being too much. Neither of us could finish and brought home our leftovers, however, we did have onion rings and clam chowder as an appetizer. The rings were to die for! Not greasy at all. I could have eaten the whole order. The chowder...just mediocre. I little too thick and potatoey. And a tiny cup for the price. I've yet to have anyone come close to legals. Overall,this restaurant is a tiny bit pricey for where it is, but not bad if you compare to Boston or more affluent areas. I would definitely go back and hope I have another opportunity to before my son transfers to Amherst!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Lsfriedman,

Thank you for the great comments! I hope that you get to visit your son again soon so that you have a reason to come see us again. I'll keep an eye on the chowder and we will definitely try to beat Legal next time you come around! Thanks, again,

Justin Braun
“No go for sushi/sashimi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband i frequent your restaurant often especially in the summer we come by dinghy, but last night i was in the mood for sushi/sashimi and i was not impressed with serving size and way over priced....next time i will stick to chowder and calamari

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Kgolas,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent visit to Waterfront Grille. While I appreciate the good score, I am sorry to hear that the sushi didn't measure up to your expectations. I will definitely share your feedback with the chef to ensure that we are working to improve the serving. I hope that you consider giving us another try - and let me know when you do!

Thanks, again,

Westport, Massachusetts
“Date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I originally intended to go to a different restaurant in new Bedford, but when we arrived there was a 2 hour wait. We did a quick search and found the waterfront grille. Our waitress was excellent and very friiendly and provided us great suggestions. We started by sharing mussels prepared in a spicy red sace which was outstanding. For our entrees, my wife ordered Chilean sea bas which was a special and it was prepared with an Asian flare. She loved it and I tasted it and it was delicious. I opted for the shrimp scampi and thought it was excellent as well. We ended the meal by sharing a creme boule, again excellent. We will be back and bring friends.

Visited February 2013
WaterfrontGrille, Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Mike,

I guess I should be happy that the other place had a two hour wait! I am glad to hear that you ended up having such a great night. If you remember your server's name, let us know - I would love to pass the compliments on. Also, let us know what we can do to earn that 5th star on your next visit! Until then, thanks, again, and we hope to see you soon.

Justin