“A nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Bedford
Connecticut, USA
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Checked in on Sunday with plans to attend the Portuguese Feast. Decided to walk the 2.5 miles, the front desk was very accommodating helping us with the directions we needed to get there. From there on whenever we called down or walked by they remember us and what we were there for. I think Judy was the one who helped us the most, but they were all great. The lobby was very appealing and rooms equally so. If you are in need of a higher style room, please note we did not have a safe or refrigerator. The room #418 was very clean though when we left I did point out one area which needed improvement, and they were appreciative. The room was $167 which I think was very reasonable for what we got. We received a reduced charge due to a booking error by phone, in full disclosure, but the $167 is what they would have charged us normally. A free buffet breakfast had all the usual selections and was good. At 9 AM on a Monday however, we had to wait briefly for a table, it was so crowded. One thing to note is this hotel is surrounded on both sides by roads, one less used, and one a highway. Facing the rear side we had the highway which at 4 AM got a little loud from traffic noise. The town was very quite but clean and safe to walk. We would use this hotel for sure in the future if in the area.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, choose the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. The Madeira Feast is a big draw to the area during that weekend, and we accommodate many people who attend it yearly. Since it is so busy, our breakfast area does sometimes get crowded, and we apologize for the delay in finding a table. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel, and hope to see you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

First of all, I must commend the warm and receptive nature of the staff working there -- all were attentive and accommodating. I want to say Wanda at the front desk was especially warm and welcoming; she went above and beyond to ensure my we had everything we need to make our stay comfortable. The hotel is very nicely decorated both in the lobby and in the room. I used the fitness center which was more than adequate and quite convenient. Beds are very comfortable. However, for a mid-range level hotel, I felt the rooms were smaller than expected especially given the higher-end daily rate I was charged (I had a King Suite). Also, either they have no a/c in the lobby and other common areas, or it was not working. Regardless, it was especially uncomfortable when coming down in the morning for the breakfast (It was July); it was actually cooler to take breakfast outside on a small patio adjacent to the breakfast area.

Room Tip: (1) Negotiate a better price for the room, so it fits the value. (2) Make sure you have a view of s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Your review of our property is greatly appreciated. We use all information gathered from such reviews to improve, so thank you! We did have a small AC issue in the lobby, but it has since been corrected. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide you with great service, and your stay was enjoyable.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn, New Bedford MA for three (3) nights during the beginning of the 4th of July holiday. Started a little rough when we arrived past midnight and they put us in a 3rd floor room right across from the elevators (and the room smelled funny). My Marriott Platinum preferences are "highest floor, away from elevators". I was told that they had no other king bed rooms. I asked if my preferences were even considered and if there were 30 other Platinum members who arrived before me and received their preferences? I was then told that my displeasure would be noted. Within minutes of getting into the same room, I received a call from the Front Desk that they were going to upgrade us to a one bedroom suite on the 5th (highest) floor and more away from the elevators. We moved and the rest of our stay was very nice. The location of the FI was very good for our purposes (going to the Upper Cape on 7/4 and visiting relatives a couple of towns over the next couple of days). We didn't visit the Whaling Museum (everyone said it was well worth it), but we decided we would visit when the weather wasn't so great). The hotel is very clean with a nice pool and spa. I would definitely recommend it when in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the hotel could get a view of the harbor - which, I am told, was once the home of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always try to meet all of the requests of our guests, especially our Platinum members. It is difficult to do at times when the hotel is full, but I am pleased to hear the staff was able to provide you with a suitable room that met your needs. The staff would like the chance to welcome you again in the future if you are in New Bedford.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Attended a wedding in New bedford... Didn't. Want to impose on family so we make our destination here .. Was so happy I made the choice .. Close to everything and my family .. Enough though we just showered and slept here it was a four star ...

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for chosing to stay with us! Please visit again if you are ever in the area in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is clean and inviting. It is wonderful that New Bedford now has hotel right in the city, making it easy to walk to sites of interest and restaurants. The staff were especially attentive and courteous, going out of their way to make things work for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is great to have a hotel in New Bedford! Our staff is great, and I'm happy to hear you were able to experience that first hand.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Easy to access from I-95.Sparkling clean; friendly, helpful staff;comfortable beds; nice breakfast; coffee and tea in room; and close to historic attractions of New Bedford. Be sure to try the Waterfront Grille right across the street. Food is good but the views of harbor and fishing boat fleets are even better. Eat outside, if weather permits. I would stay there again if I am in the area and need a stop-over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable, and hope to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is right accross the street from the harbor. Lots of fishing boats docked there with much character. Rooms were clean and nice size. Staff friendly. Waterfront restaurant accross street from hotel is very good. All in all, a pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are excited that you were able to appreciate our wonderful working harbor. Our staff is always happy to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We'll see you on your next visit!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford? Share your experiences!