“The sights and sounds are breathtaking!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3700 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Wailea
PA
“The sights and sounds are breathtaking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wailea Beach Marriott from January 10 - 15. This was my first trip to Hawaii, and I highly recommend it to anyone! After 15 hours of travel time from the East Coast, just stepping off the plane, and into the open air airport was relaxing! We booked our trip through AAA, and it included a Lei greeting at the airport. It really completed the Aloha feel for our arrival!
Upon arrival at the hotel, there was a mix up between the travel company and the Marriott, and our first room was a "Standard view" room. We had booked an Ocean View room, so we had to return to the desk to correct the situation. Intially, the said they only had an ocean view room with two queen beds which was unacceptable. Fortunately after reviewing everything they had available, they were able to find an Ocean View room with a King Size bed. I had my travel documents with me so I was able to show them what I had booked.
The room was nice and clean with tile floors and a spacious lanai. The maid came twice a day for cleaning and turn-down service.
We had dinner at Mala the first night on the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. The food was very good. My husband had braised short ribs, and I had the Mahi Mahi special. We enjoyed both, and the service was great!
We were up early in the morning for a walk along the paved walkway as the whales played in the ocean and the sun started peeking up over the mountains. It was breathtaking!
Our package included breakfast each morning which was an omelette station, as well as a full buffet. This was served in Mala. Most mornings were were able to sit outside on the balcony, again watching the whales playing amongst the Stand Up Paddleboarders and boaters.
From the Mariott, we visited Makena Beach ("Big Beach"), Sunrise at Haleakala, the Road to Hana and had dinner at Mama's Fish House in Paia. Each day proved more amazing than the next!
I was pleased with the service and ammenities at the Marriott, and would be happy to return very soon!

1,823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I were there for 4 nights earlier this month. Except for the lack of swimable beach in front of the property, it was perfect. The room was clean and spacious. The grounds were immaculate. The breakfast buffet was expensive (but was included) and was quite inclusive. How many places can you sit for breakfast and whale watch at the same time? The pools were OK and a bit small. The best part was the paved walking/jogging path that was connecting the major Wailea beach front properties. In the morning or evening you could enjoy a beautiful clean walk either on the beach or paths without auditory of visual pollution. Since we rented a car, the location was fine and we drove easily to the sites we desired. Will be going back.

Room Tip: Higher, ocean view will allow for in room whale watching
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here from 12th to 26th January and we unreservedly recommend the hotel to anyone who is planning a vacation in Wailea.

First impressions were good - the entrance to the resort is tree-lined and the check-in area is a very nice open air desk which creates a very relaxed impression. The hotel's location on the beach is superb and we booked an ocean view room which undoubtedly enhanced our experience as we were able to see the fabulous sunsets each evening. The two main resort pools are outstanding and the serenity pool is an experience not to be missed.

The resort includes a number of boutiques and a general store that sells a selection of grocery items, clothing and local crafts which is quite reasonably priced for a resort store. There are also two restaurants which are well worth a visit.

The concierge very helpfully recommended and booked several activities for us including Luau, snorkelling and whale watching (don't miss it if you are in Maui between December and March). We spent a few days on Wailea beach which is a 3-5 minute walk from the hotel along a lovely coastal path (and not the 20 minute walk that was mentioned by a contributor recently). If you are going to the beach, phone the concierge to reserve sunbeds and an umbrella for around $20 for the day.

We also used the gym and spa - both are top class.

Although this was a vacation, I would consider myself to be quite demanding when it comes to hotel quality - a legacy of spending 40-50 nights per year away from home each year on business. I stayed at the Four Seasons resort in Wailea two years ago and while I enjoyed it, overall I would prefer the Marriott for a number of reasons. The Four Seasons probably has a slight advantage in terms of room quality (although the room in the Marriott was spacious and clean) but the Marriott has better room views, better pool areas, friendlier staff and a better location in terms of facilities outside the resort.

In particular, the "Shops At Wailea" mall is a few minutes away on foot and provides a very pleasant shopping experience with wide variety of stores and several restaurants. We dined in most of the restaurants during our stay and enjoyed the convenience of short stroll back to the hotel rather than the shuttle bus or taxi required for some of the other resorts further along the coast.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just spent 10 days at the Wailea Marriott enjoying majestic sunsets, lush Hawaiian grounds, and of course, the fabulous whales!!! The sprawling layout of this hotel is ideal to enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer in Hawaii.
My third visit to this hotel in the last several years. What brings me back are the wonderful Marriott folks who truly embody that elusive "ALOHA" spirit us folks from the mainland crave. Alot like going "home" to see "family". Visits to Marriott timeshare properties in Ko Olina and Ka'aanapali last year were nice, but couldn't wait to get back to Wailea Marriott this year where people truly make the difference.
Marriott associates here are VESTED in your vacation experience and make a sincere attempt to accommodate your every need. From Lisa in Room Service to Terry and Anita at the Infinity pool, no attention to detail is overlooked.
I have to take a minute to especially single out Terry who caters to your every whim at the Infinity pool. Note to Marriott management and executive staff: I hope you know what you have in Terry!!! No where will you find a more dedicated Marriott associate who represents your brand better than Terry!!! Enthusiastic, energetic and effusive with her love for what she does...making sure each and every Marriott customer has the time of their life in Hawaii!! Terry: Job well done!!
Looking forward to planning my next vacation to the Wailea Marriott. As a Premier Marriott Destinations Club Owner and Marriott Gold Elite Rewards member, it is Marriott hotels like the Wailea property that make me happy to be a member of the Marriott family!

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed in April 2011 for a conference (tripadvisor doesn't allow me to pick before Feb 2013). Free upgrade to ocean front, however, it was right below the bar upstairs. So a few mornings at 4 or 5 AM, you could hear them cleaning, moving tables, chairs, etc. When we complained, they seemed to reduce the noise, but beware if you are a light sleeper to avoid being right below the bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed here before and reviewed it, so this is an update of my latest visit. I LOVE this place. The location is great, the staff all has the ALOHA spirit, the food from room service is great, and I love the infinity pool. I said on my last review that the cabana's at the infinity pool are the best kept secret in Maui because they are the best spot for viewing and while they've raised the price, I still think they can't be beat. Terry, one of the servers at the pool is the hardest working, friendliest person you will ever meet. I hope Marriott realizes what a great ambassador she is to the brand. After a VERY disappointing stay at the Maui Marriott Ocean Club in May, it was refreshing to get back to a hotel that holds to the standards of what Marriott is supposed to be. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: They will fax you a property map and you can see the outlay of the hotel. The only part of the prop...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
WaileaBeachMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Aloha,
Thank you so much for recognizing the exceptional service you experienced during your stay with us. We are really proud of our award-winning service, and we will continue to recognize our associates who provide service with Aloha. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warmest Aloha,
Wailea Beach Marriott Management
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

By booking through an agent we received many perks. Some being: free breakfast buffet and drinks by the pool. This hotel is beautiful. The view from the 8th floor was wonderful and our room surprisingly big. There is a walking path, place to view the whales, open lobby, fabulous restaurants, and a very helpful staff. Amenities in the room were plentiful and refreshed each day. All this made our stay a pleasant experience. Definitely rates 5 stars.

Room Tip: our corner room was extra large.....try to book that one.
Green Features: there are places for recycling and the hotel lists it green policy in each room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!