“Excellent place except for some minor inconveniences.” 4 of 5 stars

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3700 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Wailea
“Excellent place except for some minor inconveniences.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Property is beautiful, great views. Overall great place except having to fight for chairs by the pool (with shade) at the price you are paying shouldn't occur. The infinity pool is beautiful but depending on your waitress you may be waiting upwards of 30min to order a drink and then another 30 to get it- so you are better off going to bar yourself. There is a resort fee of $30 per day (I don't understand this concept at all). I stayed one week here and second week at the Sheraton - after the Sheraton the Marriott seems like heaven.

• Stayed August 2013

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our second stay at The Wailea Marriott in the last two years. We are Platinum Marriott members and we were treated like gold from the time we stepped on the property this time and last. We booked a 2 bedroom suite in the towers (rooms 730-732) we used points plus a cash upgrade since we had a 2 girls with us (19 an 20). I can honestly say we didn't have one problem. The housekeepers were great ladies and did everything we ask of them, the front desk employee's couldn't have been any nicer, the pool bartender's and staff were hands on the whole time. We had a flight leaving at 10:30 pm on our last day and they offered us a different room for the day just so we could hang out by the pool and not have to leave the property so early. The people that come on here complaining confuse me! Final note to the complainer on not getting water by the pool...pool staff put several pitchers of ice water about every 30 min by the steps at the adult pool and there is a cold water machine by the towel hut at all times! Would stay here any day over the other hotels in the area!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Hale above the adult pool and the Towers. I like the Tower rooms better:)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We started our stay at the Ritz Carlton and were very disappointed. We came down to the Marriott and couldn't have been happier. This hotel scream Hawaii from the moment you drive up. The open air reception, Hawaiian music and friendly staff make this hotel a gem. The views from all over the resort are incredible and the beach is within steps of the hotel. Our favorite room is 2116. Bottom floor oceanfront with a commanding view of the ocean and daily sunset. Stroll down the beach path and this resort just keeps on going! We love the pool and the drinks and food service! The Wailea shops are just behind the hotel with plenty of restaurant choices.
Stay here and experience the beauty of Hawaii.

Room Tip: Any oceanfront room is well worth the extra dollars.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the property for 6 nights from August 6 to August 12. The Hotel is located in the beautiful and luxurious side of the island (Wailea). It is situated between Grand Wailea Hotel and Andaz, Four Seasons hotel is within a walking distance beside the Grand Wailea Hotel.

Upon arriving, you are offered a complimentary valet parking for 1 day.

We only booked the regular room for $247/night and because we were Elite members, we were upgraded to Partial Ocean View which was nice and free wifi. 2 choices of room were given to us, the 6th floor room which is in a building beside the parking lot or 2nd floor room beside the infinity (adult only) pool. We chose the one near the pool. If any future guest was given this option, always pick the one near the pool. To our surprise, it was not a 2nd floor room, our balcony is basically the 1st floor, with this, we can get to/from the pool from our sliding door. We had an unobstructed view of the ocean and the breeze.

The room featured a king bed, flatscreen tv, directv channels, sofa, coffee table, a solo seat, safe, iron, and ironing board. No carpets here, all tiles, we noticed that the tiles on the bathroom side was very waxy. We had to use the towels to somewhat wipe it off. The showerhead was showing it's age but still clean nonetheless.

The bed was too soft per my wife but was fine by me. All pillows are on the soft side so you'll need 2 of them to be comfortable.

Breakfast and Dinner are only served at the Mala restaurant which we did not eat at. Lunch is only served at the Kumu bar and grill which is located at the kiddie pool. We had lunch the day we arrived, pretty good food and drinks are awesomely delicious.

This hotel would've been perfect however as much as you'd like for it to be perfect, sometimes it really won't happen.

1st issue, on our way back to the room, the housekeeper was there cleaning our room, when we told her we're just going to get something, she "scolded" us for using the sunblock spray on the bathroom saying that we may fall or accidentally hurt ourselves. The way she told us was a little disturbing but we just let it go.

2nd issue, on our 3rd or 4th day, we woke up to a half dying cockroach which was still moving in the bathroom, we covered it with a towel and informed the front that there's a cockroach in the room and that we will leave the room by 9am so they can clean it. They offered to "spray" the room which we did. We did not raise hell, we just nicely informed them. No worries, I used to live in the Philippines and cockroaches were pretty normal to me.

3rd issue, on our last night, while shaving before dinner, another cockroach few past me and landed on the bathroom/shower door handle, I obviously killed it immediately. I don't know where it came from, probably behind the mirror. My wife now tried to talk to the front, I feel that the front desk girl wanted to do something immediately, she kept hanging up on my wife. This happened 3 times, she hanged up while my wife was going to tell her something. We asked for the manager and he was not available at the time so she told us the manager will give us a call. We were going out to dinner so We gave them my cellphone # to call. The first call to the front desk was approx 6:30-6:40pm, the manager called us around 7:45pm, an hour after our first call. He was apologetic and offered to comp dinner at Mala however we informed him that we are already out for dinner, he offered Breakfast for the next day however we're already going to check out and needed to be at the airport by 9am, so we declined the comp'd breakfast too, he offered to place a $50 credit on the room, we just said yes. Now let's see, the room is $247/night, daily resort fee is $30, and daily tax is $37. The manager offered me $50 which is less than 3% of the total bill? Seriously.

4th Issue. On our last day as well (11th), we decided to rent the $35 day bed at the infinity pool, service was great! Our server was very helpful, ordered pina colada, burger and fries. She came to fill out water fast! I mean, great service. We told her we'll be back by the afternoon as we have a spa reservation at Maui Zen Day Spa at 2pm. We got back to the bed by 4:30, lounged around to watch the sunset, this time we didn't order anything as we're saving our appetite for dinner. We finally asked her for some water at around 6ish, she said she'll get it, we're pretty thirsty by then, 5 minutes, no water, 10 minutes, still no water, 15 minutes, still no water. She already acknowledged twice by this time she didn't forget about us. I go into the pool to cool off, I see her walking around the pool getting last calls, getting bills, 25 minutes later still no water. I said, F this, i'm going to the room and get myself the damn water bottle. I got a cold one from the fridge and just drank from there. I placed the bottle on our day bed table on the pool and guess who decides to show up with 2 water? 2 water for 30 minutes? Did she became the opposite because we didn't order anything? Is it a prerequisite to order something to get a good service? At this type of hotel you shouldn't be asking to get good service.

Like I said, the hotel is in a great location, it's quiet and peaceful, service however is inconsistent.

We will be writing a letter to corporate regarding this matter. Next time we'll be in Maui, I might give Marriott another chance however I might just go with Four Seasons or Grand Wailea

Room Tip: Get the room where the infinity pool is located. 2nd floor so you can get in/out of the room thru t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is tucked between a mall and the beach, next to some very grand hotels (like the Grand Wailea and the Fairmont). Sprawling with 3 major pool areas--two very kid friendly and one adults only. Walkway on the shore let's you walk Wailea (or run, jog, etc) very comfortably. Beautiful views IF you get the right room. That's the key. The hotel plays games with how it labels the rooms and you can easily overpay for an ocean view that is marginal at best. So always always ask careful questions when they book you--don't go with the labels. Best thing to do is use this as your base and then go next door to the Grand Wailea for the Spa experience--nothing better than that place.

Riverside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had an ocean view room. The room was updated, with modern style furnishings. The floors were tiled, (which is very important in an ocean front humid setting, carpet always feels damp, hold dirt and makes the room musty). The lobby is open aired, beyond large and impressive. The resort is large and there is quite a bit of walking, not real stroller friendly because of the numerous stairs and difficulty finding the elevators, but no hesitation in recommending the hotel. It is close to the shops at Wailea. Pool get crazy busy at times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here with my family and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort has everything you might need. A fantastic location leading straight down to two great beaches.

A couple of on-sight bars and restaurants provide ease of access and very good happy hour options. There are three pools I think and all are very well presented. The grounds are beautiful and classy. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable as well. Plus the resort is situated directly next to a mall which has further eating/drinking options that are more than acceptable.

I would highly recommend this resort. If I were to return to Maui I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!