I've been here a number of times and still have an enjoyable time. But after you've visited other "resorts", you'll soon realize that this place is lacking the glamor and "bells and whistles" that are now the standard.
They've done a nice job updating the rooms to make them comfortable. The beds are "saggy" but the rooms are spacious, quiet, clean, and relaxing. But the property layout is awkward and spread out. You could walk quite a distance to get to the pools if your room is located in one of the remote buildings.
It gets crowded around the pools (there are two main pools, and one in another section of the property, and a kiddie pool with water slides). Guests often place towels on to the lounge chairs by 6:30am to reserve their spots. And there are not enough umbrellas to provide shade for those who prefer staying out of the sun.
Service from all the staff was very friendly and helpful. You really feel welcomed when ever your walk the grounds.
The Mala Restaurant is their main restaurant. They serve a buffet breakfast every morning for $27.95......over-priced and a real disappointment. Much of the food was overcooked or dried out as it sat in the warming units. The variety was minimal, and the taste was generic. The most satisfying item was the omelet station where it was cooked on the spot. If it's breakfast that you want, I suggest walking up to the shopping center (5-10min walk) and get a real breakfast at a more reasonable price.
My final gripe is the cost for parking: $30/day. And if you add that to your rental car's daily rate, it can be pretty steep. I've been to this place years ago when they did NOT charge for parking. I feel the rip-off because they're only following charges made by some other resorts.
(Makena Beach and Golf Resort...a couple of miles further down the road is just as nice and the self parking is FREE.)
Hope this helps....if you're wondering why I still keep coming it's because I can use my Marriott points to stay here.....so I put up with some of the deficiencies.....it's not a terrible place.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Wailea Beach Marriott Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort
- Wailea Beach Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Wailea
- Wailea Marriott
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Maui
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.