“A wonderful place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$100 Nightly Credit
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Wailea
Louisville, Kentucky
“A wonderful place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and loved every minute of it. I have read complaints from others about the beds not being comfortable or the lack of a beach. None of these matter! It is a wonderful place. We walked through some of the more upscale hotels in the area and in our minds they just didn't compare at all. WE were glad we made the choice that we did. The beds were fantastic. We were upgraded to an ocean front room that overlooked the luau and the waves were crashing against the rocks just steps from our room. It was perfect. The staff was attentive to our needs and very friendly at all times. The open-air feel of the lobby and walkways was also enjoyable. We spent very little time in our room due to the beauty of the rest of the resort.

And as far as not having a beach? We had two gorgeous beaches just steps away if we wanted them. Most of the time we were relaxing at the serenity pool anyway. If we wanted the beach, we took the ocean side walkway to the beach in two minutes time and it felt like a very private, secluded beach most of the time.

The Luau was incredible. I would highly recommend attending one during your stay.

I liked the fact that we could choose self parking for free rather than having to use the valet parking.

My only complaint was that we purchased this stay as a package. Once our six days was past, we asked about staying two more nights. They refused to give us a deal on the room or extend the rate that we had been paying. We would have had to pay full price for the room, so we opted to check out and visit another part of the island for the remaining two nights.

I highly recommend this property if you are staying in Wailea Beach area!

Room Tip: We stayed on the South end of the resort. It is much quieter and has incredible view. The only comp...

1,907 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

If you don't like super soft beds then this isn't the place for you. I don't have any pre-existing back problems but I could not tolerate these beds. My back ached so bad that I couldn't sleep more than a few hours before being having to get up for the remainder of the night. The staff offered to put a piece of plywood on top of the bed and then a short piece of memory foam on top. From one extreme to the other. Felt like sleeping on concrete. They admitted this is a problem for many people. They would not offer any compensation or other options. I ended up sleeping on the wicker loveseat in the room.

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I booked with Marriott points and stayed one week in late June. We loved everything about this resort. Staff was incredibly friendly and grounds are beautiful. Rooms were very nice and it seemed that most rooms had at least, partial ocean views. My husband mentioned that we were there for his birthday and they upgraded us to a quiet room near the adult infinity pool. The pool was amazing and just steps from our room. We loved the laid back vibe of this hotel and the Starbucks with free wifi was so convenient. We are not big eaters so we chose to have breakfast there everyday instead of overloading at the $18 breakfast buffet. The lunch specials served at the pool were good too. We didn't eat any dinners at the hotel restaurant as I had already planned all our meals at top-rated trip advisor restaurants. It's worth it to do your research!

We also went next door to the Grand Wailea to experience Spa Grande as it's known as one of the top 10 spas in the world. While there I took a look around at this much more expensive Waldorf Astoria hotel and was glad I wasn't staying there. It was very beautiful but people were jammed in like sardines and i saw a long lineup of people waiting to get into the restaurant for breakfast. I loved the spa there but was very happy we were staying at the Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the this resort for 10 days, I would have to say it was worth what we paid for on Priceline but if your paying regular price there are other hotels about $30 to $50 more expensive per night that you will have a more memorable experince. The location is great, amenities are awesome(Including pools), customer service was good and location is convenient. The property is quite large with spectacular views over looking the ocean.

In Maui you will definitely need a car, parking at the hotel will cost you $20 per night. Overall we got a good deal for the price we paid but other hotels in the area are more modern and up to date.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Extremely friendly staff (maid) and the valet (talk story and always asked if we needed directions).
Last time I stayed here several years ago, our room was right next to the ocean (believe it was a suite). This time although it wasn't as great of a view, it was right next to their newer and main Infinity pool. Amazing view and could see the sunset right from the room. Unfortunately we stayed here only 3 nights and between weather and other plans, we weren't able to enjoy it. The pools are really nice, albeit a bit smaller and gets crowded in the early morning. People reserve their seats early if you aren't renting a covered spot, next to the pool and is crowded all day.

Unfortunately as we were told, this October was really busy for tourists vs. year's past. It did put a slight damper in fully enjoying it.

Starbucks was within 30 steps from my room (from room to elevator to Starbucks), which was awesome. Having hit the buffets early in my trip, I scaled back and had breakfast here for a couple mornings. The shops are conveniently lined up as you walk toward the front of the hotel.

The room was smaller for the three of us + we were given a handicap room as well. The rooms are well maintained but are starting to show signs of age. The walls aren't well insulated as we would hear a lot of noise above us and the room next door (whenever they would walk or open the sliding door)The first night was a challenge taking a shower, because whenever someone would flush the toilet in any other room on our wing or in the vicinity, the water became scalding hot and would stay this way for a couple minutes and return to the intended temperature before beginning the cycle again. It took me 45-50 minutes to shower because of this.

The grounds are well kept and there's a beachfront trail that continues to the next hotel. The beach was quiet and everyone was situated on the far side of the strip.

I would definitely stay here again vs. the likes of Grand Wailea because the staff is welcoming and accommodating thus creating that feel of the Hawaiian ambience, facilities are very solid and self parking is free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Central NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were using points for our stay, and we were surprised to be upgraded to the largest suite on the property. It was a beautiful room, hardwood floors through most of the suite.

There's a beach next to the property that is decent for snorkeling, so that is one very convenient bonus. The sunsets were absolutely beautiful from the infinity pool!

We also had breakfast buffet at Mala. At $20/person, it was certainly not worth the price. It was pretty standard breakfst fare you'd have on the mainland - omelet station, eggs, bacon, assorted breads, pastries, fruits.

One downside is Wailea is a pretty expensive area when it comes to food. We were driving into Kihei almost every night for dinner.

Overall would love to stay here again!

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I used some of our rewards points and we spent 9 days at this resort and it was fabulous. There are a couple of beaches within easy walking distance and the view from the hotel coast line is wonderful. The snorkeling is fantastic and we saw a couple of turtles when we were snorkelling.The staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel is very clean. The hotel has a seperate swimming pools for adults and a seperate pool for children. The adult pool includes a bar and plenty of seating, umbrellas and recliners. The childrens pool includes some water slides and other attractions which will keep the children entertained for hours. The activities desk personnel (specifically Kristin) were very helpful and helped my wife and I select a host of activities geared to our interests. The morning breakfast buffet is fabulous with lots of variety and very friendly staff. My wife are already planning a return trip to this site next year and would highly recommend it as a vacation destination as you will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor or higher as you can leave your stuff (swim suits, mask, snorkel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!