We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani for 5 nights beginning on August 29th and were very pleased with our hotel choice. We were upgraded to an ocean view room when we checked in (after reserving the cheapest) and LOVED the room, which was huge. There's a kitchenette right when you walk in with an empty fridge (we stocked up at Walmart ahead of time), sink, microwave, etc. The bathroom is huge and it was really nice having a separate living room from the bedroom, both equipped with nice TV's and DVD players. The Lanai was gigantic and had an awesome view of the adult pool area and ocean. We were staying there with our toddler and the hotel provided a nice crib.
The restaurants were all great, especially Nick's Fish Market which was one of our favorites. (We went with our little one and they brought him lots of fun snacks). The wine list was huge and the food was incredible. We really liked lunch at the Polo Lounge next to the "upper pool", but the prices were kind of steep. (Try the nachos!) The regular breakfast dining area was closed for renovations, so the daily breakfast buffet was moved to a function room near Ko. Didn't love the location, but the food was pretty good. I liked the little market they have there, was convenient to be able to run down and get things that we needed.
The beach and the pool at Kea Lani are both perfect. I've read reviews about the beach being too small, but it is a lot bigger than we expected (And it's not shared with other hotels like at the Four Seasons!), we ended up spending every afternoon playing in the waves and making sand castles. The pool is really nice, but could use an update at some point in the future. The waterslide is fun and we were glad that they had a shallow "baby pool" where our little one could play with other kids his age. The staff around the pool is always walking around with fresh pineapple and offering drinks to all the hotel guests.
As for negatives about the hotel, I was disappointed with the fitness center which is really tiny and not well-equipped. The parking lot (which is free) has a weird layout making it difficult to park when it's really full. We had problems with our room keys not working and it was annoying that the breakfast room was in a weird place, but this seemed like just a temporary thing.
Overall, the staff was first class. The girls at the concierge desk were always willing to go above and beyond and helped us with lots of restaurant recommendations. Only bad staff was the mean bartender at the bar outside Ko - would it kill you to smile once in awhile? This was our first trip to Maui and I think we would definitely stay at the Fairmont again when we go back. I'mnot sure I would pick it for my honeymoon, but it is beyond perfect if you're heading to Wailea for a family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea