Upon arrival, everyone was so gracious and helpful. When we checked in, we were offered an upgrade to a room with an ocean view. It was well worth the extra dollars, the sunset view was amazing. The hotel itself is very beautiful with a great pool area and terrific beach area. We would go to the beach and then go to the pool. We had no problem getting a chair, if we couldn't find one, we asked for assistance and someone was able to help us.
Food is pricey everywhere on the island. We went to the recommended restaurants outside of the hotel. Beware! You are paying for atmosphere. Since a lot of the restaurants were recommended by the big hotels, we found them to be extremely overpriced, quite noisy with the food being just okay and met its expectations. We did however, have one of the nicest meals at the Kea Lani at Caffe Ciao. Our table overlooked the adult pool area and the grounds of the hotel and there was a gentleman playing guitar. The price for the food was moderate but we really enjoyed the italian cuisine and it was very peaceful and relaxing with the music playing in the background. It was a great evening at our hotel.
The staff at the Kea Lani were amazing with the exception of the activities desk. I didn't quite care for the staff there. Most of the time they were on the phone and they didn't even acknowledge you sitting in front of them. They would acknowledge you only when they were ready. So we booked actitivities through other resources and had no problem. But again, everyone else throughout the hotel were friendly, gracious, and very receptive to any needs we may have had.
The spa facilities are just okay. On the women's side there are two showers, a cold shower and steam room. Not much in the facilites area. However, the massage I had was probably one of the best massages that I have ever had. So despite what the facilities lack, the masseur and masseuse will make up for it.
We are extremely glad we stayed at the Kea Lani and we recommend it highly. We appreciate the special touches that the staff at the Kea Lani provided for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea