I agree with all of the recent positive reviews.
We stayed here from Jan. 18-24, 2014. When I was checking in late Sat. night the computers were down at the front desk. I was preassigned a room on the 4th floor facing Haleakala and the parking lot which was not what I was expecting. I told the front desk manager (Chris Chung) that I had asked for a top floor room facing the ocean at the time of the reservation more than 6 months earlier and I had contacted the meeting organizer 2 days earlier to confirm. He said he couldn't confirm this and there was no room to switch us to for the whole stay.
I started getting upset and then the computers came back on. He was then able to see that there were notes in my reservation confirming what I had told them. He really wanted to make it up to us and did find the top floor room we were expecting (and let us still use the lower contracted run of house meeting rate). Then, on the second day we came back to the room to a bottle of wine with a fruit, cheese and cracker spread. Chris followed up with a phone call to make everything was going well.
I am really glad that everything worked out and we were very happy with our entire stay. The housekeeper that came to our room every day was so very nice too! This is the only resort I ever want to come to in all of Hawaii. The large suites just can't be beat!! Ultimately the service was just what I expected and I won't hold the hiccup at check-in against them :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea