I can't say enough good things about the Kea Lani.
When you arrive after your long trip from the mainland and airport (didn't the chickens at the airport make you laugh?, they did me) you are met by a smiling face, a tube rose lei and tasty juice to quench your thirst, the check-in process is seamless (I did check on mine the week of our trip, which might have helped) and the staff is egar to get you to your room so your vacation can start. As you walk to the property it takes your breath away, it is beautifully landscaped and if your lucky enough to arrive at sunset as we did, you might just stand there and literally feel all the stress from getting to this point just fade and the Island takes over providing a picture post card backdrop you will never forget.
This was our second stay in this Island paradise Resort. I can't imagine any view would be awful unless you were looking directly over the parking lot and each room is a suite which is a rare find. I will say If you can afford the Signature Kilohana Suite, do it. We were on the 6th floor in room 602 on the right side of the property which overlooked the Villa's, Resort beach front, the most extraordinary sunsets and fantastic sunrises. The left side of the very large wrap around Lani looked back over the resort property and pools which at night was also a tropical paradise picture. Day or night we were very pleased with our room and relaxed and believe it or not the crash of the ocean can be heard clearly, even that high up. The drawback? It is a bit of a walk to this room from the elevator so if you have a condition that prohibits a generous walk the room might not be for you. The air conditioner had a few issues while we were there but the maintenance staff responded very quickly and was genuinely concerned that our expectation's were met.
The other great thing is that even if you don't have any Island excursions planed you will not be disappointed in this Resort because you can get up order room service or attend a delicious breakfast buffet with many local dishes and fresh fruit (cost 35.00 but worth it and not much more than you would spend eating out. Plus if you came all this way it wasn't for the dollar menu at McDonalds). Then take the Resort offered Cultural Canoe experience, it was one of our favorite activities and we didn't even have to leave the resort ( make sure to book this as early as you can, only 4 passangers ride at a time). Then since your a little damp, go to one of the many pools and swim, take in the beauty, visit the gift shop and maybe have an appetizer and cocktail at the swim up bar. Go up and have a shower in your giant bathroom and eat at Nick's or Ko', but because of our view we choose room service on our Lani. This year I purposely, left 3 days open just to enjoy our room, view and the property. It says a lot about the property and staff in my opinion if you choose to stay in your resort while in Hawaii.
Other than the great staff, cleanliness of our room, the property and great views we were lucky enough to watch a pod of Humpback Whales breech directly from our Lani on the last night before heading home. Yes, there are cheaper places to stay on Maui but once you experience the Kei Lani you will always be looking for away to get back to this piece of paradise.
Thank you Fairmont Kei Lani, your comitiment to providing a tropical oasis is greatly appreciated. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to leave one bar and the Jacuzzis' open for those that have excursions for dinner cruises or daytrips to Honolulu. When you return to the Resort it would be nice to partake in a cocktail after a long day of Island fun or even a dip in the Jacuzzi. I understand the Resort is not trying to create a party atmosphere but most guest we encountered or spoke with between 9-11 felt the same. The bar revenue alone could most likely cover running the jets a little later on the Jacuzzi. Nobody wants to come back from a long day and go across the street for a nightcap. Next time we will be proactive and stock our room but really the Luna bar or outdoor bar would be nice late night. Just a suggestion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea