“Should be rated 5 stars-its a paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now, Save Later 30%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Granite Bay, California
“Should be rated 5 stars-its a paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel staying 4 nights. We had a perfect suite overlooking the property with an ocean view. The suite was big enough and had enough amenities to live there by the month! Clean comfortable quiet. Bathrooms are spacious, service, 3 swim pools, restaurants like Nicks, provide enough to do without ever leaving the property. The only reason this is not 5 start is that there is not as many retail stores or restaurants as the four seasons but in my book its definitely 5 starts!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites with separate bedroom and living room. Its just a matter of Which view you want...
Green Features: Since there is a water shortage the hotel asks that linens will be changed every 3 days unless otherwise requested.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for returning to The Fairmont Kea Lani. We are pleased that you enjoyed everything about the resort, especially the spaciousness of your suite. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon. Best wishes and aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We checked in yesterday for a 5 night stay at The Fairmont Kea Lani and so far I have not been impressed. We usually come to Maui once a year and have always stayed at The Ritz Carlton Kapalua, however this time we decided to split our two week stay in two and try the Fairmont which we had heard was very good for the first part of the trip and then move on to the Ritz for the last week.
When you pull up to the hotel the property is very nice, my interaction with the valet and bellman where great, both very courteous and polite just what you expect, then we where greeted by a lady with the leis and some complimentary fruit juice, up to this point all was as expected from everything I had heard about this hotel. When we finally proceeded to the front desk to check in we where politely greeted by one of the staff members who was not very personal, it felt almost like checking in through an automated self service kiosk or something, I asked where my room will be located that is when she went to get an iPad to show me, I asked if there was a possibility on changing rooms even if we had to pay something, she told me she had to ask her manager, so she went or talk to the manager and the manager came out from the back she looked who was checking in and decided that (I guess from the way we looked) she would charge me an additional $300 per night if I wanted another room and all this and the manager does not even come over to introduce herself but she just looks and walks away after giving the instructions, honestly did not know the Fairmont worked like that, and let me say not a good first impression.

In reference to the property itself, the rooms are not what I expected, beds not very comfortable, hallways look like of a lesser category hotel, really musty smell, many of the room finishes are not what we expected.

As I am writing this I am waiting for it to be a bit later in the morning here to see if could cut our stay shorter and just move to Ritz.

If you are undecided between the Ritz and The Fairmont, go for the Ritz. I have done a review here on Tripadvisor on the Ritz from our last stay there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We recognize the importance of first impressions and are truly sorry that the service level you received was below the high standards we set for our staff. Please feel free to call the front desk and ask to be connected to General Manager, Charles Head so that we can ensure your issues are resolved immediately. Alternatively, you may email our Front Office Management team at keafrontofficemgrs@fairmont.com. Best wishes.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent a week in a villa, which has a great location near everything - the beach, the pools, the hotel. The resort is very high quality but unpretentious. The staff is very friendly, the housekeeping staff meticulous (mornings and turn down service) and the concierge staff world class. The layout of the amenities and facilities (pools, beach, views, grand lobby) is one of the best on Walilea. One night we ordered a ready-to-cook steak and lobster BBQ, with local salad greens and baked potatoes. Even though we ate at some fabulous restaurants, the BBQ dinner at our villa was one of our favorites. we will definitely we back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have been coming here for the past 6 years and we love it. We travel with 2 young boys (now age 6 and 8) and they thoroughly enjoy the hotel. They play in the pools - there are two pools, upper and lower. The hotel has a great kiddie pool if you have really young, small children. Breakfast is excellent and lunch by the pool is nice. We ate at Kai restaurant after the remodelling this year and it was very good. The service at the hotel is excellent. We keep coming back we love it so much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aloha and thank you for choosing The Fairmont Kea Lani time and time again. We’re delighted that your expectations continue to be exceeded each time you visit and that you appreciate all of the resort's details. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back many more times in the future. Mahalo a mālama pono a hui hou! (Thank you, take care, and until we meet again!)
Glenview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani for the first four nights of my honeymoon. I cannot say enough good things about this lovely property. We were greeted with a 'congratulations' note and a plate of cupcakes in our suite (nice touch!) We stayed in room 205 which was recently renovated and the room was large, lovely and way beyond my expectations. This property was ideally suited for the Maui traveler - the free laundry on each floor was an added convenience. I would recommend this property to anyone. I have traveled a lot and I would rank this hotel among the nicest I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: ask for a room that was recently renovated.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! It’s truly a pleasure to know that you had an exceptional honeymoon at our hotel. We are so pleased to learn that the resort was perfect for your needs and that you would recommend it to other Maui visitors. Your compliments are greatly appreciated. Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for the future!
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were celebrating our 20th and had been booked in another resort that was so disappointing that we checked out with no place to stay!
I was able to make reservations at The Fairmont Kea Lani, but after we arrived, I realized that right in the middle of our seven nights left, was one night completely sold out at the hotel! (It was my mistake since the reservations agent had clarified this on the phone, but in my upset state, it didn't compute...)
To the rescue came the Fairmont manager and Nicky, at the front desk, in the form of mercy for us and in the grandest scale imaginable - we were upgraded to a beautiful oceanfront villa for the entire stay!
Though that was an awsome act of kindness on their part, I still would have given them an excellent rating in all categories for service, cleanliness, excellent cuisine, and romantic settings... We were wined and dined in the style to which I am now accustomed!
Thank you again!

Room Tip: Due to the layout of the hotel, I don't think there's a bad room. Of course, the villa ocea...
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani for a week shortly after Labor day. They seem to upgrading the hotel rooms and building a new spa. Make sure you request a room away from the construction noise if your going over fall 2013. The service was fantastic and the food at Ko's was out of this world good. The manager of that restaurant noticed that my 8 year old son dropped an Uno card, which he sent to our room with a very funny note to our kid. That was a very smooth move. The pool was great and the beach was perfect as well. I wish they had an outside bar however. The staff were all great! September after school starts is a good time to go.

Room Tip: The Corner rooms are very spacious and have a balcony that wraps all the way around.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aloha! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're delighted that you received a high level of service throughout your stay, and especially appreciate you sharing your story about your son's Uno card. Your detailed comments are appreciated and it will be our pleasure to have you as our guest again in the future. Mahalo and best wishes.

Been to The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui? Share your experiences!