“Mid September with Kid” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Mid September with Kid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani for a week shortly after Labor day. They seem to upgrading the hotel rooms and building a new spa. Make sure you request a room away from the construction noise if your going over fall 2013. The service was fantastic and the food at Ko's was out of this world good. The manager of that restaurant noticed that my 8 year old son dropped an Uno card, which he sent to our room with a very funny note to our kid. That was a very smooth move. The pool was great and the beach was perfect as well. I wish they had an outside bar however. The staff were all great! September after school starts is a good time to go.

Room Tip: The Corner rooms are very spacious and have a balcony that wraps all the way around.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Aloha! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're delighted that you received a high level of service throughout your stay, and especially appreciate you sharing your story about your son's Uno card. Your detailed comments are appreciated and it will be our pleasure to have you as our guest again in the future. Mahalo and best wishes.

1,919 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani last week and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Fairmont delivers every time.

We got a great deal and booked just a basic room. When we checked in, we had been upgraded to a partial ocean view. We had a spectacular room with a view that was nice and quiet. The grounds were immaculate.
The staff were always helpful and friendly. We felt like celebrities there.

We ate at the bar one night. The food was good and so was the service. The prices were a bit high, but that it normal for eating on the resort. The staff is great to give recommendations of places nearby worth trying.

Overall, we had the best trip and are planning on a return trip to Kea Lani in our future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for your terrific review! We’re so happy that you had an amazing experience and appreciate your wonderful compliments. We strive to make sure all of our guests feel VIP! Thank you so much - we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Kea Lani. We were upgraded to the most outstanding two story villa steps from the beach with a private splash pool,full kitchen, private washer/dryer, living room, two bedrooms, a breakfast booth & private BBQ. I highly recommend Villa 12. The staff's attention to service was impeccable. I asked for an extra DVD player for the upstairs bedroom and it came within minutes. Then a follow-up call to make sure I was happy with it and the temperature of the splash pool. A huge anniversary basket of fruit, jams, breakfast bread was on the kitchen table. Also, a tray of homemade pastries saying "Happy Anniversary" in white chocolate. The refrigerator was stocked with six waters and six juices. The last day, I broke a toe snorkeling by the rocks in the rough surf. When I casually mentioned it while waiting for my car the valet ran to get his first aid kit, bandaged my toe and called security since he did not have a popsicle stick in his kit to bind it. In addition to a gorgeous beach and excellent restaurants, the service makes this resort top notch. Oh, did I mention the nightly turn down service with his & her slippers, orchids on the beds and in the bathroom towels, and a card on the bed each night saying the next days sunrise & sunset times and temperature!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Fairmont in Maui was exceptional from top to bottom. Pool, seating options, dining options, staff attentiveness, service, and general grounds and facilties were absolutely spectacular. This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever enjoyed, and the scenery from the beach is gorgeous for a hotel. The walkway between the Wailean hotels is so much fun to walk in the morning, and even more exciting is the beach options that are extremely close. 150% recommended for honeymoons too. The sunsets are magnificent too from the Luana Lounge, and the server Marissa was extremely helpful and conscientious with my wife's dietary needs, giving advice on itineraries to enjoy, and made each evening enjoyable to take in the ambiance. The breakfast is also spectacular. One morning my glasses fell off, and the hostess, Asia, helped to get them fixed. She was also spectacular every morning (and nights when she worked those as well).

Room Tip: Get a room with a sunset view. Truly worth any upgrade cost.
Green Features: They take it very seriously and its refreshing. You feel like a better person for contributing to it too.
Zanzibar, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The kea lani hotel on Maui is a really nice property. It was my first time on Hawaii and we really enjoyed it. Before coming to this resort we stayed at the Fairmont Orchid - which was amazing too.
Focusing on this hotel again, I must say, that we stayed at a villa with private pool, what was really a nice accommodation. The whole family had enough space and there was even a laundry room. From the villa we reached the beach in less than 30 seconds walking distance.
During the time we stayed there the beach was well visited and quite full. But we had a sun chair and an umbrella every day. There were big waves daily which were great to boogie board.
The food is awesome as well: the breakfast was a nice buffet with very friendly staff. We had dinner quite often at the Ko's restaurant which has really great fried lobster!
Furthermore the hotel provides a shuttle service to the shops at Wailea where there are some nice shops and restaurants as well!!
To come to a conclusion I want to say that the hotel is really great and I would recommend it to everybody and I hope, that I will be able to return very soon again.
Thank you Fairmont Kea Lani for the great time we enjoyed there!

Room Tip: The villas are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay. Our villas do provide a very special resort experience and we’re delighted that you and your family were so comfortable. It’s also rewarding to learn that you enjoyed dinner at Kō. Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Aloha and best wishes.
Orchards, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have never been to Hawaii so hubby bought us tickets to celebrate my 50th and we decided to stay at Fairmont Kea Lani for their reviews and boy I am so happy we did,as soon as we arrived I could not even reach for my door handle of car before a nice gentlemen opened my door and welcomed us and they gave me a Lei and hubby got a Hawaiian nut necklace? They took our luggage and swooped us up to our lovely suite and we opened the door and all we can say was "wow" suite#179 was amazing they had a very beautiful chocolate dessert plate laid out for me saying "Happy Birthday" and for the 9 days we stayed there we were treated like Royalty very very polite people and employees! Maid service was excellent,waiters at ALL restaurants there very polite and helpful,yes some was expensive but very worth it! Bed was comfy...they were renovating but not on our side so we did not hear anything.I cannot wait to return to the NEWLY renovated Fairmont next year! (hopefully).THANK YOU ALL AT FAIRMONT KEA LANI for making my 50th a very memorable and special occasion!!

Green Features: Energy-efficient lightbulbs, reusing towels,energy efficient appliances I noticed alot of enviro-friendly practices thru out the Hotel
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first family vacation with a 14 month old in tow and it could not have been better. We've been to Maui before but this was our first time staying in Wailea. I had noted our need for a crib and the age of the child coming on vacation and they thought of everything you don't think of when traveling. They had put child protections plugs in all the sockets, they left a note of the safety measures they take with their cribs and that it was inspected upon set up, they had an amenity kit and small plush toy for my son... I was very impressed. Check in was a breeze and with the free President's Club sign up WiFi was available throughout the resort and complimentary. Our Deluxe Ocean Suite room was amazing great views and very ample space with a living room and very large bedroom and bathroom. We were able to add the breakfast package at booking for only a small amount more and I was very impressed with the quality of the options every single day. What took things over the top was the service.. every employee was amazing and took the time to play, entertain, say hi to my 1 year old. The grounds are immaculate and it is super kid friendly. I really loved and can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui? Share your experiences!