For couples looking for a quiet and relaxing experience, this busy hotel can come up short -- Kea Lani is filled with families and event groups. The hotel was full during our stay which made room changing difficult; our first room assignment was a "mountain view" that over looked the main street and parking garage and was over a kitchen vent that smelled strongly of food cooking 24/7 -- not pleasant for guests who prefer to sleep with open windows/doors. The staff worked hard to move us and we appreciated their efforts even though we had to pay more for an upgraded room.
In general, service was excellent from the bellmen and front desk to the beach and pool staff. Small touches were appreciated -- I loved the cold towels and pineapple snacks at the pool that others have also mentioned.
The rooms are large and comfortable and every room is a "suite" with a living room and bedroom, and the bathroom contains an enormous bathtub and separate shower. Two screened sliding glass doors allow for lots of fresh air and open onto expansive decks, making the living space feel even larger. The microwave, fridge, coffee maker and bar sink are a huge asset and provide familes a less costly way to eat as the hotel restaurants are excellent and expensive.
Unlike other Hawaii hotels where we have stayed, Kea Lani orients itself to the 3 pools (one thankfully for adults) rather than to the ocean and beach. An "ocean view" room offers a long view of the beach and ocean but it is quite far away. We were disappointed that the core of the hotel feels so far from the beach, and that there is no beach-side food or beverage service.
The hotel location is an asset: Wailea is a pleasant resort area with nearby golfing, shopping and dining options and Kea Lani offers a complementary shuttle making a car unnecessary. The beach boardwalk path in front of Kea Lani offers a great walk/jog place with wonderful views and is well used even very early in the morning. We walked daily and were able to get some exercise before hitting the decadent breakfast buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Splendia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea