Our family (two adults and two children ages 17 & 13) stayed here for a week. This is my kind of 5-star hotel- meaning it has terrific service and ambience without some of the unnecessary "amenities" of a huge, flashy hotel. It's laid back, calm and refined. I am a very picky customer, and I can wholeheartedly recommend the Kea Lani.
I found the architecture of the hotel interesting and attractive. The massive entrance lobby is truly impressive, with a view through it out to the sea. We had a deluxe oceanview room on the 5th floor- right next to the laundry/ice room and maid's closet. I was prepared to start complaining because noise really bothers me- but I didn't hear ANY of that the entire trip. The view was breathtaking.There was a little kitchen/bar area with a refrigerator, bar sink and Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was probably the largest & loveliest I've seen in a hotel, better even than the Breakers in Palm Beach.
The service at the hotel was excellent. We did a lot of diving, and it was convenient to pick up towels at the front desk and leave them when we returned. They even offered us an ice chest (warning- it's softsided so it does leak at the seams). A card was left daily at turndown with the forecast for the following day, and after a day or two the maid noted we always drank all our coffee every day and started doubling up on it. Room service was spectacular- they don't want trays left in the hallways so they will clear the table for you as soon as you call. The hotel and all of Maui, actually, seemed uncrowded while we were there. As an added bonus, they were painting the hotel (why, I don't know, it looked pristine to me) and because of that nearly unnoticeable inconvenience, all the beach items were available to use for free. Yet there was still no problem getting a lounge or umbrella (unless the wind was up, which was one day). We never used the pool.
We experienced the Hoku Lani Dinner to celebrate our anniversary, and even though it was last minute-ish, it went off without a hitch. Ms. Cathy Cox was the coordinator and our requests were met professionally, the menu selections were outstanding and the view (it goes without saying) was unbelievable. While pricey at $800 with tax & gratuity, it's a bit of a fairy-tale experience and I'd definitely do it again. However, the weather was touch-and-go that whole day and I must say, had it not been out on the terrace by the sea I'd have been extremely disappointed- there are no bad-weather refunds. We received our own personalized commemorative menus which was a cute touch. Fortunately, my daughter is a talented shutterbug- however, they can provide a photographer for you.
I have only three complaints about the Kea Lani (and I really had to think hard to find any at all). First, what's up with no candy at the turn down?! And second, I strongly believe they need drink service on the beach. Surely a waiter down there would pay for himself many times over. Finally, I'm sure this hotel has spoiled my kids beyond all redemption!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all suite and villa luxury oceanfront resort, situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in sunny Wailea, Maui. Enjoy Travel + Leisure Magazine's 2014 Top Spa in Hawai'i at the resort's Willow Stream Spa, three swimming pools including an adults-only pool, two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide, various beach activities and nearby championship golf, it's the perfect place for a Maui vacation. Both fine dining and casual options may be found in the resort's four restaurants, which include a gourmet bakery and deli and the award winning signature restaurant, Ko. Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and classes, a year-round kid's club, boutique shopping, wedding coordination services and 36,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea