“One of the most luxury sesort you should never miss in maui” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to $1000 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Wailea
Beijing
“One of the most luxury sesort you should never miss in maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

1.Select the habour view room for your stay, if no other noisy happen, the room is perfect for people who love peace..The ocean front room has better view but a little bit nosiy out out the window because of the poolside activity.
2. The 3 restaurants here in Fourseason are turely good ones for dinner. Don't miss that.
3. The beach is not very good due to the size limited. But you might try the morning beach yoga class.
4.One of the most important feature I would love to strongly recommend is the Fitness center, image your gym time in half-outdoor surrounding with flowers and beautiful ocean view,,,Love that~~
5. And the swimming pool is super good(especially that higher level one)

2,971 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Korean first
orlando, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Just returned from spending one week at the Four Season resort in Maui. The experience far exceeded my expectations. The resort is located in a great location right on a beautiful beach. The staff is exceptionally friendly and never did I experience any "attitude"....NEVER! As a parent, I do base my experience on how my children are treated. Once again, the service from the staff was exceptional. Whether at the pool, restaurants or hanging out in the game room, the staff addressed my children on a first name basis and went out of their way to make them feel welcome. The facilities are world class, extremely clean and safe! Also, although the resort is very luxurious, the feel was laid back...not stuffy! I would recommend this hotel to anyone with children!

The only issue I had with the resort was the cost of food and beverages at the pool. I recognize Four Seasons is a luxury hotel, however, food at the pool was over the top expensive. "Reduce your prices and you will more than make up for it in volume".

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed for a week in June and can't say enough good things. Clean, friendly, professional, etc. etc. This is certainly an exceptional hotel. Was told capacity was about 75% but there seemed to be hardly anyone there. The hotel does a great job of spacing people out so it does not seem crowded at all. No complaints at all that I can think of. I wish the rooms kept light out a little better but frankly that helps you get up and moving in the mornings. Only thing I would change would be that I would have been happy with a Garden room as opposed to forking out for the Ocean View Prime (though I do not regret it in the least). Seeing the water was nice but we would have been perfectly fine without it and the savings is quite a bit. But...I would most certainly get a Prime room over one on the outside overlooking parking, streets, etc. Wouldn't have been awful to not have Prime (I'm sure we would have lived), but the peaceful 'inside' view is worth it to me. I won't repeat all the details as they have been listed over and over in these reviews. Great place. Definitely want to go back.

Hudson Valley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at the Four Seasons Resort in Maui the first week in June after spending 4 nights at Manele Bay in Lanai (see separate review). Some background: We are very experienced travelers, tend to stay in top hotels and pay for good service (i.e. Four Seasons, Ritz), and are extremely picky about cleanliness. This resort is absolutely outstanding and exceeded our expectations. We took the afternoon ferry from Lanai to Maui and it was a very choppy 50 minute ride. (We later found out that the early morning ferries aren’t as rough). We didn’t want to rent a car right away so the Manele Bay concierge had arranged for a nice taxi to meet us when we got off the ferry for the 45 minute ride to the Maui resort ($85 plus tip) so it was effortless. Maui is much different than Lanai. Right away we noticed crowds, shopping malls and busy roads. However, there was also green foliage and a constant view of the beautiful ocean. Upon arrival at the resort we were warmly greeted with real plant leis, cool towels and offered juice and the staff was extremely professional and efficient. We were very happy to hear we had been upgraded to an executive garden view suite –WOW! The resort sits on the ocean, looks brand new, is gorgeous and very elegant with lots of fountains, marble, lush plants/flowers. The entire place is immaculate and we did not see a speck of dirt anywhere. As others have noted, the décor inside is incredible but does not really give a Hawaiian feel. Our suite was spotless and huge with a separate living room plus table with 4 chairs, gigantic marble bathroom, and private ground level patio. Patio had table and two chairs and a metal drying rack (great for wet bathing suits) and overlooked lush foliage but no water view. The foliage apparently blocked a parking lot below as several times we could hear garbage trucks but that wasn’t a problem. There were slippers and free bottled water in our room along with a chocolate fondue (with pineapple and condiments) and a welcome note. We were quite impressed. This resort has an adult only Serenity pool with swim up bar and infinity edge which was incredible and so relaxing. There was never any problem getting a chair with a shaded cover whenever we got there mid morning. We did not have to lift a finger as attendants often came around with free cool towels, water, fruit, popsicles, etc. and you can order drinks and lunch right from your chair. On the pool menu there is an item “meant to share” with shrimp, lobster roll, greek salad, sliders, etc ($38) and it was excellent and more than enough for two people. There is also free sunscreen and books and magazines to borrow and you can get spa services at the pool (for a hefty price). We are really not pool people but we actually lounged there for hours at it was so serene and beautiful. There are 5 or 6 cabana structures that can be rented for several hundred dollars each. Although they contain a TV and sofa, etc., it did not appear to be worth it as the people we saw using them basically just pulled their lounge chairs out into the sun anyway and the view wasn’t any better. This pool gets the edge over Manele. Food is also definitely better than Manele. We ate at Spago several times and the regular menu is pricy but there is also a special $49 pp fixed price option from 5:30 -6 pm and I think 8:30-9pm. Spago’s food was excellent and it overlooks the water but at certain times it can get extremely windy outside to the point where things can blow away. Ferraro’s also had a great view but was only OK for the lunch we had there and frozen drinks were not icy enough for us. There is low key nightly Hawaiian music in the lounge and two drinks there plus tip will cost about $30. We did not care for the snack menu in the lounge and asked if we could just get a fruit and cheese platter and they accommodated us ($36). It was very good and we even had leftovers to bring back to our room. We thought the Manele breakfast buffet was great but at FS Maui it was even better with lots more selections and it was available until 11:30am. It had every single breakfast item you could imagine and there is no way someone would not enjoy it. Breakfast was included in our package and they always made a point to mention the tip was also included in our package. Otherwise it would be over $80 for two people. To give you an example of Four Seasons great service, I had enjoyed a breakfast item and casually asked if it was at the breakfast buffet every day. The answer was “No, but we will make it special for you and you can have it everyday.” The following days, whenever we went down to breakfast, they immediately acknowledged they were preparing it for us without us having to mention it. We were constantly addressed by Mr. and Mrs. and the bellmen and concierge staff were always great. They handled getting a rental car for us right at the resort just for the day (approx $60), gave us directions and it was easy to go to the Maui swap meet (OK but lots of junk), Iao needle (nice but only need an hour here), Lahaina (crowded and lots of similar tee shirt and jewelry shops) and Old Lahaina Luau (very good show and food). We returned the car that evening so did not have to pay any parking fee at the resort. You can also request free rides from the resort to Wailea shops and restaurants (just tip the driver). The concierge arranged for a nice taxi to take us to the airport ($55 plus tip). Of course the resort is expensive and you will spend a lot in tips. However, we had an outstanding vacation as the service and amenities were always excellent and resort/restaurants were not crowded. I could imagine it being very busy in the middle of the summer with families. It definitely has more of a professional/ businesslike/over the top feel than Manele and service is more polished at FS Maui. However, we really loved both resorts. Maui is more expensive and a bit touristy and busy whereas Lanai is laid back, rural old time Hawaii so it is a completely different experience. We felt the views are even more picture postcard perfect at Manele. We did not want to leave either resort and would definitely split our next vacation to stay at both resorts again.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

April 2010 was our second visit to the Four Seasons, our first visit was 9/08. It is a beautiful property. However, we did notice some changes.
The serenity pool can be wonderful. However, during our visit the serenity pool was overrun with a group of loud individuals who appeared to have had too much liquor and also appeared to be associated with a convention. While at the serenity pool some individuals would talk loudly on their cell phones while lounging at the serenity pool and others in the group were conversing loudly across the pool at each other, drinking and getting even louder. It would have been okay behavior at a college bar. On the second day of their continued loud behavior at the serenity pool, I complained to staff. It was suggested to us that we try different times to be at the pool. We followed this suggestion for the next 5 days and found a totally different environment, it was peaceful. The serenity pool was not crowed when it appeared that the convention group was off the hotel premises. We very much appreciated the pool staff's suggestion and assistance in other various ways that made our visit enjoyable.
We did eat in the lobby lounge, Ferro's, Duo's, and Spago's. I would recommend all except Spago's. We ate at Spago's when we visited FS 2 years ago and the food during that visit was wonderful. This visit we found Spago's to be average at best. After one bite of the appetizer I let the server know the appetizer tasted awful. The server smiled, nodded and that was that. The food and service at the other restaurants was above average.
The valets and concierge went beyond expectations on more than one occasion.
I don't know if we will visit this hotel again as it felt to me that the unruly convention crowd at the four seasons, have priority over individuals that are on vacation to celebrate or relax and enjoy the natural tranquility of the island.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

The Four Season's is the top hotel on Maui, and for good reason. We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani (next door) for our honeymoon seven years ago, and the property does not even compare.

The FS takes extra care and attention to their grounds. The grounds at FS are the most beautiful I have seen, and I have stayed at a lot of 5 star properties around the world.

Pros:
* When we first arrived the bellman instantly greeted us and took our luggage then showed us where to check-in. The bellman waited while we checked in and then took us to our room. The hotel concierge was fantastic. They were knowledgeable and attentive to help us select the right activities complete with directions prepared by FS. The staff at FS overall were outstanding. You can tell they truly want to help you and are happy to be working at such a nice place.
* Wonderful 80 minute hot stone massage at the spa ($560)
Relaxing 50 minute beach side massage with Jonath (I think that is his name)
* Serenity Pool was calming, but the Cabana rental ($300) was not worth it. We rented one in Vegas at Bellagio and it was fantastic. This one, not so much. I was impressed how staff greeted me by my name each time they interacted with us.

Cons:
*Regular resort pricing for 2 people at the Breakfast Buffet was $83.07. Fortunately, we got a Bed and Breakfast type promotion. With that said about the high price, the buffet has something to please even the most discriminating guest. A chef prepares pancakes, waffles or omelets on the spot at your request.
*I found the parking fee a bit too expensive when you take into consideration the guys expect a tip every time you get your car - leaving or coming back to the FS.

If you can afford the hotel, the Four Seasons is the best option. Hands down an incredible property you must stay at if it's in your budget. It is definitely worth the high cost.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for the last 6 nights of our Hawaii honeymoon. When I was first looking into hotels, I was thinking of staying someplace in Kaanapali Beach. Everyone on the Maui forums told me that if we can afford it, we should stay at the Four Seasons and that I would not regret it. They were right. We loved the Four Seasons. It's not a huge hotel (we were coming from the Grand Hyatt in Kauai which was much bigger) and it's very simple but still beautiful. We loved the breakfast buffet, the restaurants, the pools, room cleaning service (who comes 2x a day and is very unobtrusive), and everything else. It is expensive but it was well worth it for a honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!