“Loved every minute of it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3900 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved every minute of it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2005

NOTHING WILL COMPARE!!! My husband and I carefully selected the 4S Maui to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary last April ('04). Let me start by telling you we were not disappointed - in fact, we were more than pleased with our choice. We had originally booked next door at the Grand Wailea, but cancelled our reservation after reading some scathing reviews and realizing how far more expensive it was to be a guest there (parking, cabanas,activites)...and on top of that the 4S is a far better resort anyway! The service and attention to detail and food (Ferraro's at sunset!!) and spa (strongly recommend getting their signature Treatmant for all Seasons) far exceeds anything you will find elsewhere. Go next door to the Kea Lani for dinner at Nick's. Went on Halaeakala sunrise tour and though we grew up in NY, froze in our sweats - bring a jacket and hat and gloves: that is your warning! Favorite memory is going on a sunset catamaran cruise...ahhhhhh. Booked a mountainside room and unfortuneatly weren't upgraded upon check-in. That simply was our only complaint, and a very minor one at that. Our room nonetheless was beautiful and the marble bathroom was huge - bed very comfortable, too. Maui is paradise and the Four Seasons only elevates it to another level. We will return! You must go!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

We went here on our honeymoon. We were a bit non-plussed with the "garden view" (street/parking lot) from our suite, but the suite itself made up for it.

Service is great here. I can't think of any time when I had even the slightest issue with service, and my expectations were very high to begin with.

This hotel is fairly high up there in terms of cost. One thing I think you should know, though, is that this hotel doesn't nickel-and-dime you like some. There are a lot of things that are complimentary/included in what they offer that other hotels would charge for. You'll pay for drinks like you would at most places, but this hotel isn't going to add a bunch of extra charges for parking, access to the fitness facility, etc.

I've read in other reviews that folks my age felt out of place. I can see why. I worried about what I wore to breakfast. Most of the guests were 20+ years older than us (reflected hilariously in Led Zeppelin played by classical violin and guitar in their Italian restaurant). I'm not saying this is a point that the Four Seasons needs to address: I'm just pointing this out for younger readers--This won't keep me from staying there again.

We ate at all three restaurants while there. It definitely wasn't cheap. One thing you need to know about Maui: You're not going to find too many (if any) $20 dinners here. Our average was about $200. The best of the three restaurants was Ferraro's (Italian). If you book an early reservation there, you can see the sunset. Note: This is not a same-day reservation type of place. Book in advance.

Spago was ok. They're very proud of their food (like most upscale Maui restaurants). I'd suggest getting dinner at their bar and peoplewatching--great bartenders!

Pacific Grill was also fine. Their breakfast certainly is impressive...and expensive.

If you are interested in diving, I'd recommend checking their dive shop out. The guys there are very nice, and are very competent at what they do. A quick lesson is complimentary, and I'd recommend taking the $99 dive afterwards.

I think we'd both go back, though. Service is great, and this is a great facility. There aren't too many places where the bellman takes you on a tour of the hotel on the way to your room.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2005

My wife and I spent the first week of our honeymoon at the Four Seasons in Maui and it was incredible. From the moment we arrived we experienced the incredible service that the Four Seaasons is known for. Our room was beutiful and spacious and incredibly relaxing. if you are looking for a dinner that will blow you away not only because of the food, but also the view, try Ferraro's. Being from New England, I found the wine to be wammer then I am used to. I decided that this was the place in which to try my hand at scuba, great choice. The staff at the dive center made it feel like a walk in the park. The hotel is located in the town of Wailea. there is great golf and shopping without leaving the town. The location is the a perfect place to launch a days adventures from. With all there was to do, we found ourselves eating on our Lanai twice in one week, that says a lot for the room. This hotel is fantastic.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2005

My wife and I stay in lots of hotels every year, for business and pleasure, and we have to say .. this hotel ranks as one of the top three we've been to.

Nice rooms, amazing bathrooms, great spa, great pool, great beach, five star resturant but the really what really impressed us were the hotel staff. Perfectly trained, perfectly professional, perfectly happy to help with ANYTHING, you simply don't get that most places.

We were at the four seasons with a group of business associates, these are hard people to please, and everyone was perfectly happy and looking forward to coming back.

The place is expensive, but you REALLY get what you pay for, we will be back.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2005

We spent three nights at the Four Seasons Wailea as part of our honeymoon in September 2004 and now, I don't think we can visit Maui and stay anywhere else! The moment you walk in the door, you just feel peaceful and serene. It's romantic, classy, elegant. When checking in, they were extremely polite, calling us Mr. and Mrs. and remembering our names! We were lucky and got upgraded to a beautiful suite with a partial ocean view. The bathroom was to die for! Marble bathroom, with two sinks, separate vanity area for putting on makeup, soaking tub and separate standup shower.

The pool area was AMAZING.. Beautiful cabanas, top-notch service. (love the cold towels, strawberries, and ice-water with lemon they keep refilling, and being spritzed with evian water) The beach was gorgeous too. My husband went for a run in the morning and when he came back - they had a cold towel and bottled water for him.

The spa was incredible.. service and facility. Everything about this hotel was perfect. Can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2004
Stockton, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2005

Outstanding property! Can't think of a negative thing to say. My two boys get birthday cards from the Kids Club people. The small waterslide at the kids pools is great. Service at the Four Seasons is a tad business like for my taste, but most people would probably construe that as professionalism. We prefer Ritz and JW for a less formal atmosphere, but that's obviously personal preference. This hotel makes it almost impossible to have something not meet your already high expectations. High recomend spending the extra $$$ for an deluxe oceanview room. We used the highly reliable babysitting service and felt totally comfortable that our kids were in good hands. This hotels status as the best of the best is well deserved!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2005

just a perfect stay- really spoils a person for other hotels! beautiful facilities, pleasant staff, never had to wait for the concierge, valet, bellhop, etc. we'll be back

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!