“Very impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We initially planned on staying at The Grand Wailea, but we couldn't get past how ridiculously good the reviews were for the Four Seasons. We took a risk and booked it-- it was absolutely the right call. This was our first time staying at a Four Seasons, but we like our luxurious vacations. We weren't aware that the infinity pool would be closed during our stay; as soon as I said, "Oh, that's a bummer," we were provided a daily breakfast buffet with our stay... and wow, those breakfasts more than made up for the pool (btw, gluten free bread and separate toaster part of this)! This resort is very expensive up-front, but I didn't feel nearly as nickel-and-dimed as I have at other locations, and they have thought out even the smallest details. I've never stayed at a location where the beach chairs/umbrellas/cabanas were not an additional cost. Here, it was first come, first serve, and we never had trouble getting seating. Wireless is free and even worked somewhat at the beach. The concierge service is very helpful and has ready-made sheets of directions to popular destinations! One day, my husband and I wanted to go for a short hike; the woman at the desk immediately gave us 2 options, a map, and directions- and it was exactly what we were wanting. Valet service is friendly and helpful; they offer [complimentary] bottled water and also provided blankets and towels for the Haleakala Crater. The resort is incredibly well-maintained and full of fresh flowers and greenery. We walked next door to The Grand Wailea and were much, much less impressed with their grounds (plus a large part was under construction and very poorly disguised). Other complimentary features: sunscreen, a small DVD library, transportation to local shops, water/fruit brought to you poolside or at the beach...

I could go on-and-on about the positives, but when I read reviews, I want to hear the worst as well. Be prepared to pay for valet, as there is no self-park option, and this is an added fee (the only "hidden" cost we had). I think it was $22/day. Accept it before you go, and you'll enjoy the complete luxury package. It is a very prompt service and many of the guys literally ran to get our car. Wow. Secondly, the spa is nice, but I've been to better. There is a steam room in the locker area, but no hot tub or lounge area like a lot of the spas I've enjoyed (I love to read a book in the ambiance). On the plus side, locker room access is available the entire stay, which made it nice to stash things in the locker while at the pool or use the steam room/shower, even though I didn't have a service.

Room Tip: We had a garden access room, which was the cheapest room available. We were expecting a lame view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We come to this resort every time we stay in Maui. The sunsets are beautiful. The food is outstanding at Ferraro's and Duo and Spago. There is a nightly torch-lighting ceremony, an adults-only serenity pool, an amazing spa, a kids club, game room, and breath-taking views. All of these things serve as a backdrop to the amazing people who work at this location. The smiles are genuine and the "How can we help?" attitude make for a relaxing vacation like nowhere else we've been. We will return as often as possible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

perfect for families with children...the children are happy and the grownups will love it too! Not sure if Id choose this vacation if I was looking for a couples holiday, there are lots of more private romantic places that for the price may suit better, this is for people with children.

Room Tip: an ocean front room has the best of everything
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I needed to get away, just us for four nights. This trip had to work, so I knew the Four Seasons would deliver. We rented a car, but kept it parked the entire trip. The property was just so amazing we didn't want to leave. Our big trip was to drive to the shops at Wailea, just 3 minutes away...we should have walked. Nightly entertainment, more refined cool vibe. Property was elegant, and tropical, and in really perfect shape; not tired. You must go to the Infinity pool...for the day, eat, drink and soak up the sun or stay in the shade. Un-wind, no need to spend the day driving, you can do that at home. They have snorkeling, paddle boarding, etc. at the hotel. I really hated to leave which is very rare for me...

Room Tip: I used AMX it's a preferred property, so I booked through them. I got a partial ocean view, but...
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Aside from the great scenic oceanside view and two grand swimming areas. The service was hands down what you would expect from a four seasons: impeccable. We loved everything about the hotel but were a little put off with the aged look of a 1990's laquinta inside the hotel room. The amenities are outstanding and this would definitely be the place I come back to in maui.

Room Tip: Eat the breakfast buffet at Duo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights and were impressed by the resort. Service is top notch, and the grounds are lovely. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. I also loved having a balcony with a partial ocean view. The breakfast buffet is lovely as well. Their private beach is beautiful as well. Overall, a really relaxing place for a luxurious vacation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is very pricey- But well worth it if you are staying in Maui. Not all restaurants are great in the hotel. We had dinner in Spago's and i would only give it 3 out of 5 stars. Average food, with very high prices. ! Otherwise everything was almost perfect.

Room Tip: If you have the money, spend a little extra on a good room with a good view. Do not get the mountain...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!