“The Staff's Response to Almost Any Request is "Absolutely."” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to $1000 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Wailea
Seoul
“The Staff's Response to Almost Any Request is "Absolutely."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my third visit to the FS Maui and I had a great time. I was travelling with extended family including two kids aged 6 and 7. Each time we consider going to Maui, there is always a bit of a decision between the Grand Wailea (which we have never been to) and the FS. We always pick the FS based on prior stays. Sure the GW looks like it has great pool facilities, but the feeling is that there will be some downside (large hotel, smaller rooms, nickel & diming service) which we would have to sacrifice for the pool facilities.

This stay was no less pampering and gracious than other stays at FS in Maui and on the Big Island. The staff answer you with the word, "Absolutely" and it has an incredibly palliative effect. You want this or that? Absolutely. Sure, prices are high, but that seems to be the case everywhere in Wailea.

The rooms were very spacious and very well appointed. We had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed for a family of three in one room. The only down side was that the room was really far from the elevators, but when everything else was so wonderful, this really did not matter.

Without going into every little detail, the bottom line is this. If you want to stay at the top of the line, no care, no worry, no flaw resort in Maui to savor great food, kick back at the pool and as a base to visit all that Maui has to offer, there is no better choice, full stop.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the rear on the fourth floor let out to small garden areas instead of the balconies on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

3,051 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

service is bar none!!! excellent resort. every detail is covered! no complaints....except adult pool...hard to find a spot....

beach service was exceptional!!!!!! dining was great!

i have made it a point to visit different properties on each visit. the grande wailea is awful. the four seasons is superb. the kea lani is the best!!!!

Room Tip: great place but i still prefer Fairmont Kea Lani!
Wailea, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although it is a very fancy and nice hotel, the Four Seasons has nothing for kids. I say that because although they have a large pool, the atmosphere does not apply to kids. It was very stuffy there and the kids pool was for two year olds. The kids pool was infested with bees and I got stung three times! Duo is overly priced with very bland tasting food. I was very dissapointed with my stay at the Boring Seasons!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FSMaui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Aloha from Maui,

We appreciate your feedback, and are disappointed to hear about your concerns with our facilities and DUO. If you would like to speak further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 808.874.2212 or Konrad.Gstrein@fourseasons.com

Best Regards,
Konrad Gstrein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you have the budget, 4S is the place to stay in Maui. Service is what you would expect from a 4S property. Location is great if you like to stay in property and at the beach. Restaurants were all great, but pricey. Very happy here. Spa is world class and I like that the spa staff explains the various treatments in detail.

• Stayed July 2013
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at Four Seasons Wailea during our first stay of a 15 night island marathon of three islands in early July. Stayed for five nights and enjoyed every moment!!! Service was exceptional! Enjoyed the hotel, grounds and pool (Serenity/Adult pool). I had read other reviews about the high demand for lounge chairs at the Serenity pool and the necessity to arrive very early to secure a lounge chair, so having played this "chair game" previously at other island resorts (not Four Seasons), prior to arriving I decided to book a luxury cabana for a couple of days during our stay - only because I did not want to play the "alleged" chair game, but at the same time felt that I was celebrating with my husband and I wanted to splurge and experience true R & R. I do not regret this decision, only because it was lovely to have access to the cabana/shade and privacy. However, I will say that the one day I decided not to reserve a cabana but still planned to hang out at the Serenity pool, I got up early (6:45am) to secure a chair and sit in the "alleged" line expecting to have at least 20+ people there.........there were only two people outside waiting for the pool attendant. Also, on one of the days that I had a cabana rental, I saw that chairs were still available at 9:30am. Yes, the Serenity pool does get busy early and there are a limited amount of lounge chairs (I think 50 or so, but I honestly believe that the reviews indicating you need to get in line at 5:30am are a complete exaggeration! MAYBE during Easter/Spring break it may be busier, but I still believe 5:30am is an exaggeration. I am fairly easy to please (I use the word "fairly" lightly as my own profession involves providing excellent customer service and I do expect the same when I travel) and I was VERY satisfied with the resort, the staff/service and the accessibility of the Serenity pool. Four Seasons was always one step ahead of our needs. We had no issues whatsoever. My husband and I had an Ocean View room reserved but were upgraded to an Ocean View Prime and the view did not disappoint! On the day of arrival we arrived to our room to find a congratulations note and complimentary champagne/fresh fruit and chocolate. We only ate at Duo and Ferraro's (not a fan of Wolfgang Puck restaurants and feel they are overrated so we decided not to try Spago) - the food and service at Duo and Ferraro's was exceptional. My husband and I were celebrating our ten year anniversary and Four Seasons ensured that we enjoyed every moment of our stay. Everyone was friendly and never appeared to be "forcing" the smile but genuinely smiling and wanting to assist. I booked through What a Hotel and I'm very glad that I did. Breakfast (phenomenal by the way) was included every morning (extensive buffet and not the typical continental - it was anything but typical), in addition we received a $100 food and beverage credit through this preferred partner. The only feedback that I can think of mentioning/providing to Four Seasons would be with regards to their concierge team, the concierge lacked in providing some information regarding the hotel's complimentary services, such as the use of a cooler for our solo trip on the Road to Hana. We spoke with the concierge the morning of our road trip, mentioned we were doing the famous Road to Hana but the rep made no mention of available accessories. My husband and I went to the military BX and purchased a disposable one when we were purchasing other necessities for our day trip. Other than that, our stay at this resort was not only a memorable one but exceptional and without a doubt, we will return some day!

Mahalo Four Seasons for a WONDERFUL and MEMORABLE anniversary vacation!!! We will definitely be returning :-)

Laurie Valentine

Room Tip: My preference when traveling anywhere tropical is Ocean View. Most of the time the high floors provi...
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We just left the resort this morning and I wanted to make sure I wrote this before I forget everything.

First I want to thank Christina at the Serenity pool. We had a light lunch there on our first day. For the Four Seasons the prices for lunch did not blow us away. Christina gave us a list of must see places to go on the Island and every one was spot on.
Although seating at the Serenity pool is limited we found the staff very accommodating while we stored our beach bag in a cubby and enjoyed the pool. For the rest of the trip we enjoyed a seat under a palm tree at the fountain pool.
Dinner at Ferarros was a treat and the complimentary drink was yummy.
The staff at Duo's was so friendly every morning. They knew us by name and knew the package we had.
The front desk staff also accomodated us, as our travel agent had quoted us a different price for overnight parking.
Lastly the Valet and housecar driver were amazing, even took us to a local ice cream shop when we told him we did not like the dessert choices at the restaurant we dined at.

My only negative comment is we booked with a Four Seasons preferred agent and did not get the complimentary room upgrade. The hotel was at capacity, you would never know.
Thank you for a wonderful stay in Maui.

• Stayed July 2013
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Best Hotel in Wailea, The Four Seasons. Maui has so much to do and see. You can go up to the top of Haleakala. See a plant that only grows in the altitude of the summit. It's the silversword. Amazing. Or you can do the road to Hana. Over 2,000 turns, Waterfalls galore, lush greenery and a surprise at the end of the road. Get a tour book or do it on your own. What ever you do, Enjoy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!