“OMG!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Wailea
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved this place, but a bit expensive for my liking. It did live up, however, to its costs, despite having a permanent leak in the room of one of our children. The restaurant was, to say the least, fabulous&fantastic. Definitely a hotel i would come back to!!!

Room Tip: no leaks! check for them but im pretty sure you wont encounter any
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

3,054 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons over Fourth of July weekend. While overall happy with my stay, for the price this hotel should be perfect and it isn't close. (If it were $400/night, I would give it a "very good.") 1) The exterior of the hotel is starting to show it's age. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful hotel, but I generally expect to be blown away by a Four Seasons and I wasn't blown away. 2) There are way too many rooms for the size of the pool area which results in it being incredibly over crowded. In order to get a lounge chair by a pool for the day, guests have to line up before 7 AM. I've never seen anything like this at any resort and frankly, it's unacceptable when paying close to $1000 a night. If I had known this was the case, I would have stayed elsewhere. I don't know how the resort solves this problem, but they should have enough pool space for their guests and they don't. Maybe they should allow guests to reserve a limited block set of hours by the pool in advance? And unless you are traveling with children, it is imperative that you get a seat at the adult pool because the rest of the grounds are overrun with children. 3) The food is not very good. The poolside restaurant is very expensive and only so-so. The food served poolside is downright bad. I would expect the food at a Four Seasons to be of the highest caliber, especially for what they charge, and it was disappointing. The breakfast buffet is fine, but nothing special and again over crowding is an issue. I had the brunch buffet at a Ritz the other day for about the same price and it was in a different league.

This all being said, the rooms are very nice. The staff is attentive and pleasant. The free car service available for trips within a mile is a nice perk and the beach outside of the hotel is very idyllic.

Unless you manage to get a great deal on a room, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FSMaui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Aloha from Maui,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and are disappointed to hear about your concerns with our facilities and food service. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact me at 808.874.2212 or konrad.gstrein@fourseasons.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Konrad Gstrein
Frisco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had another lovely 7 nights in paradise! We got warm "welcome home" greetings from staff and immediately relaxed into the exceptional beauty of the resort. From the bell hops and valet staff to the pool attendants to the concierges, everyone has the most warm friendly manner and ability to recall our names and preferences. The level of service throughout the resort sets the bar high for all other resorts. We had stayed on the club level in a previous visit, but preferred our sixth floor partial ocean view room this time. This resort is very busy and there is a sense of competition for getting into the Serenity Pool or getting ocean view or pool view chairs or cabanas. If you are not in line for the Serenity Pool by 6:30am for the 7am opening, you might not get a chair. People get up to reserve (with magazines more than bodies) chairs and cabanas out by the fountain pool or lawn by 6 or 6:30am! Very Type-A competition that leads to some stressful pushback from some guests on the nice staff. So, take advantage of the time difference, wake up early and have breakfast after you get your seats. The early light is gorgeous and the snorkeling is best early anyway! Just wanted to give special thanks to Jeff, Greg, and Rowena for making it such a fun return. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Before we booked our room, I debated between here and the Ritz-Carlton. We knew people who stayed at the Ritz in February and were very happy with it, so I just wasn't too sure. Ultimately, we chose the Four Seasons, and could not have been happier with our decision.

Arrival: Be prepared to be greeted each step of the way through the lobby by an outstanding staff. Farah checked us into our room and was just so kind.

Room: We had the mountain view room, and originally we booked it for about $945 a night, and then about 2 weeks before arriving, I rechecked prices, and the same room was only $645 a night! I called the reservation number and they adjusted to the cheaper price. I RECOMMEND YOU CHECK ROOM PRICES 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE ARRIVAL TO MAKE SURE PRICES HAVEN'T DROPPED! Our room was a PERFECT size for us, any bigger would have been useless. Bathroom was wonderful. Our room was cleaned each day, twice a day, and any mess we left behind ie: clothes on the floor, were picked up.

Gym: As runners, we LOVED getting our runs in in the early morning hours on the outdoor treadmills. It starts to get busy at around 7am.

Serenity Pool: HIGHLY recommend it for couples. BE WARNED: You must arrive by 6:45 at least to get in line to get a good spot. Don't expect to get there at 8 and have a spot in the shade. Try the pool sampler from the menu, you won't regret it. Rowena was a sweetheart, as were all the other attendants for that matter.

Family Pool: We actually enjoyed spending some time here as well, the kids don't bother us.

Dinner at Spago is a MUST, we went 3 times! We LOVED the breakfast at Duo every day, Ferraro's we did not love for dinner....lunch was better!

We stayed 9 days, total bliss. We will be back!

I am happy to answer any questions! Shoot me a message!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Four Seasons is Outstanding! This is hands down the best US hotel I/we have ever stayed for pleasure. Beautiful property, beautiful views throughout. From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are pampered. I cannot say enough for the staff we had the pleasure of interacting with during this adventure. Our club level room was a bit small but tastefully decorated but not overstated and loaded with all the expected amenities and again beautiful views. Our stay at the Four Seasons Maui will be one our best resort stays period!

Very Highly Recommended!

Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We only stayed here for 2 nights, but they were wonderful! The service is excellent, from the moment you pull up, the valet and bell staff are all over you. The welcome flower lei's were a pleasant surprise and the front desk staff very personable. We upgrated to an ocean view room, some trees blocking the ocean view, but still nice, big lanei, looking into an inner courtyard and close to the elevator and all the action. The bathroom is big and just so lovely!!
Housekeeping the best. 2x daily cleaning, I don't know how they do it, but they do! We loved it here! The breakfast which was included for us, was well worth it. The beach service with chairs and umbrellas a plus. We never tried to go to the infinity pool, since we had a child with us. We go to Hawaii for the beach, not the pool anyway. Pools to us are an afterthought. We enjoyed stargazing one night, and even saw Saturn! That was awesome. We ate at Spago, I'll review that separately. We checked out and went to the Ritz, I'll review that one as well. Hands down, Four Seasons is the winner.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great, but if you have little ones, close to the beach/pool area is g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had an amazing time in Maui! I was looking for more of a wow factor when pulling up to the Resort. I expect the Four Seasons to be more luxurious on the outside it was very plain. But they did greet you with a beautiful lei. Our room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 so we had a drink and enjoyed sitting by the beach. They guarantee check in by 3 and our room wasn’t ready at 3:30 so they upgraded us into a better room, well worth the wait! The staff was so friendly, everything was “yes”, yes we have that, yes we can accommodate you. The staff is constantly walking around with cold scented towel to cool you off. When leaving the hotel they always asked if we need water bottles and towels are our day. We loved the Four Season and will defiantly stay again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!