I spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons over Fourth of July weekend. While overall happy with my stay, for the price this hotel should be perfect and it isn't close. (If it were $400/night, I would give it a "very good.") 1) The exterior of the hotel is starting to show it's age. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful hotel, but I generally expect to be blown away by a Four Seasons and I wasn't blown away. 2) There are way too many rooms for the size of the pool area which results in it being incredibly over crowded. In order to get a lounge chair by a pool for the day, guests have to line up before 7 AM. I've never seen anything like this at any resort and frankly, it's unacceptable when paying close to $1000 a night. If I had known this was the case, I would have stayed elsewhere. I don't know how the resort solves this problem, but they should have enough pool space for their guests and they don't. Maybe they should allow guests to reserve a limited block set of hours by the pool in advance? And unless you are traveling with children, it is imperative that you get a seat at the adult pool because the rest of the grounds are overrun with children. 3) The food is not very good. The poolside restaurant is very expensive and only so-so. The food served poolside is downright bad. I would expect the food at a Four Seasons to be of the highest caliber, especially for what they charge, and it was disappointing. The breakfast buffet is fine, but nothing special and again over crowding is an issue. I had the brunch buffet at a Ritz the other day for about the same price and it was in a different league.
This all being said, the rooms are very nice. The staff is attentive and pleasant. The free car service available for trips within a mile is a nice perk and the beach outside of the hotel is very idyllic.
Unless you manage to get a great deal on a room, I would stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Maui
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.