“You will want to stay forever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to $1000 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Wailea
Louisville, Kentucky
“You will want to stay forever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have never seen a hotel so staffed. Housekeeping knows your name and what room you are in. They provide free car service to restaurants, shopping. You call and they come pick you up from the shopping/restaurant promptly. My daughter got sunburned- they sent cold Aloe and ice packs to our room. We did not have one need they didn't meet. We had a three bedroom suite with 6 of us but it's our third trip and we have had varying price levels of rooms and it has all been great. No better brunch anywhere. They do not charge for the cabanas except for the adult pool but even when all cabanas taken, they set up chaises with covers and move you to a cabana when one becomes available. They keep an eye out so people don't take the cabanas and then go shop for hours leaving them with possessions reserving them. Huge open lobby with comfortable temperature and fans for pleasant air circulation, and comfortable seating everywhere. So even if you don't have ocean front rooms, you get beautiful views relaxing in the lobby- 2 floors. Free coffee available for the early birds before brunch open, and perfect restaurant service. I have never seen them appear to be short staffed. We have been three times over six years and they are always consistent. Room service at 10:00 pm? 15 minutes. Few hotels have ever matched this for us. I never felt it was crowded- I did have to wait ten minutes for brunch for Fathers Day but that was unusual! I would go back on the next plane if I could!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

2,841 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before and usually love everything about it. This time, the age of the hotel was starting to become too obvious to ignore. The rooms smell so musty. The carpeting has not been changed in too many years. And though they plan on recarpeting the suites in 2014, they have no plans to recarpet any of the rooms. Also, as they have begun taking "special incentive" groups, this has just become another noisy hotel whose price reflects the quality of days gone by. The housekeeping staff was not on the ball, never getting our room properly cleaned. One night they arrived at 4:30 p.m. for turn down and another night, 9:00 p.m.. The food was good at Duo and Ferraro's but nothing gourmet. The service was very good at the pool, as always but there seemed to be a lot of unoccupied chairs that were technically 'taken'. One couple said they arrived at 5:00 a.m. to stake out their prime spot. Hm...This spectacular hotel is slipping and it makes me sad becuase it has been my favorite hotel for years. Then I think, if this hotel has made this many cut backs, the economy must be brutal, because the Four Seasons has always been the standard by which everyone else attempts to compare. Here's hoping they make a come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FSMaui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Aloha,

Greetings from Maui. I'm disappointed to hear about your concerns with the atmosphere and service at our hotel. Feedback such as this is valued and will be taken into consideration, as we are always striving to maintain a high level of excellence. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at Konrad.Gstrein@fourseasons.com or 808.874.2212.

Warmest Aloha,

Resort Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Four Seasons Maui is a great place to escape the world and be pampered by the overly attentive staff!! The grounds are gorgeous, the beach is dreamy, the staff provides over the top service there is nothing at all to complain about!! Our room was large and perfect!!

My quick review breakdown of the most important things to me when on vacation:

Dinning: All the restaurants are delicious!! In typical Four Seasons fashion you can't go wrong with any of the restaurants, they are all excellent!! I also love that they have delicious gluten free options too!! Major points for that!!

Beach and Pool: We LOVE the beach!! It's perfect!! There are many beach / ocean activities available right at the hotel. Paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear...... all available. The beach and pool staff are both overly attentive!! They will spoil you and you will love it!! They have really nice cabana's by the pool that look out over the ocean!! Love that!! The adult pool is great too. I prefer to be on the beach but it was fun to go jump in and have drinks/food at the swim up bar. Very nice!! Oh and I love that they play music underwater at the adult pool!! =)

Hotel Room: The rooms are SUPER!! Large, clean, great beds and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music in the bathroom, it's such a nice touch!! It's a nice to be able to play Hawaiian music while getting ready!!

Gym: LOVE the gym!! Very clean!! The cardio equipment is all outside and I LOVE that!!

Just writing this review makes me miss FS Maui!!

Highly Recommended!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just got back from an amazing few days staying at the Four Seasons Maui. Where do I even begin?

I was planning a surprise trip for my girlfriend and I planned to propose to her but I had no idea what to do or where to go. I started talking and emailing the concierge team a few weeks ago and they had great suggestions and ideas for me. They helped make the process a whole lot smoother and memorable! Even though the resort is huge and there were so many people there, I felt like we were treated with great individual attention. We were even upgraded to an King Bed Ocean-view Prime room - from a double queen. Our room had one of the best views of the entire resort IMO.

I would say the only downsides would be the swimming pools - they don't have as many as the Grand Wailea have and if you go during this time of year, there are a billion kids! There is an adults only pool, but good luck finding a chair, we were told people had to get in line at 7am to reserve one. Other than that, everything was great - the complimentary outrigger program (need reservation) and the snorkel gear (7am - 2pm, but the earlier the better) are a couple things that you must do.

One of the days we left the resort to do the whole road to Hana thing, but we ended up going back to the hotel and spending the day there instead. We will probably try to do the road to Hana thing but only if we're not staying at the Four Seasons!

Room Tip: The best views are from the ocean-view prime rooms - especially on the 7th floor. We had room 751
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have stayed at lot's of Four Seasons and this is certainly the worst and well short of expectations. Building is nicely renovated but essentially an ugly 60s block and you can only do with it what you can (e.g. the gym is non-existent and outside, probably b/c not included in original building). The site is also extremely small, far too small for the number of guests and more akin to the crowds at Disney World. If you want to sit by the pool, particularly the adult pool, best make sure you go before 7am and claim a seat. Yes, that's right - at a 5* hotel they can't accommodate you at the pool after that time but will kindly add you to a waiting list. I went at 7:23 one morning to be told the pool was "sold out." Mentioned this to management, no follow-up. Not the high level of customer service expect from a Four Seasons. If you want space, privacy, great service avoid Four Seasons Maui at all costs! Way over-rated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha from Maui,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and are disappointed to hear about your concerns. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact me at 808.874.2212 or konrad.gstrein@fourseasons.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Frisco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The personalized service and attentiveness to the kids was awesome. Our kids felt like they were royalty! Girls will definitely remember this trip. Staff was outstanding. This hotel has been the same (service and quality) ever since we first visited 14 years ago. That is why we come back to it.

Room Tip: If you have young kids, be sure to check in with the kids club and ask questions. We found out half...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had our wedding and stayed 8 days for our honeymoon at the FS in Maui. The resort grounds itself is beautiful, and the resort perfectly located, the beach was breathtaking and beautiful. My wedding day was beautiful and my wedding coordinator did and amazing job, but there were some inconsistencies with the service at the resort. We chose the FS because of the level of service that everyone raved about, but there were just some inconsistencies and hiccups during our stay that were disappointing. A few of the issues we encountered included: No welcome champagne in our suite when we arrived, we had incorrect charges on our bill that had to be corrected 3 times before we checked out, on the night of our wedding there was no turndown service in the room and no champagne congratulating us, on the day of the wedding my husbands bags from the aloha suite (separate room provided on the wedding day for him to get ready in) were not picked up -- the bags didn't arrive until the next morning after we called our wedding coordinator letting her know, one of hairdressers in the spa was slightly rude to my mom as she was getting her hair styled for the wedding. When we made all these comments to our wedding coordinator she and the front desk manager immediately took care of it and management did everything possible to improve the last 3 days of our stay. So, in the end all was fine and we had an unbelievable time, it's just disappointing that any of it occurred in the first place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha from Maui,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with our wedding manager and front office manager about your concerns. I appreciate your feedback; if you would like to further discuss any concerns, please contact me at 808.874.2212 or konrad.gstrein@fourseasons.com.

Best Regards,
Konrad Gstrein

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!