“Hard to find anything wrong” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Unlimited Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
TN
“Hard to find anything wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

It's an amazing property. The pools were very nice. Food was the best on maui. Pool side kiddie messages.....that was a huge hit.
We used the in house babysitting service and it worked like a charm. Our 9 year old loved the pool, the game room, room service etc. she was in heaven.
We loved Spago and Ferarro. Both meals were great.
Of course 4 Seasons staff were all wonderful.
If there are any cons...with so many families with kids, it's too bad there isn't a better quick stop, snack store on property like most family resorts have.
Look...it's crazy pricey, I mean crazy! But, the best spot in Maui doesn't come cheap.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Any Four Seasons is a pleasure to visit, the Maui Four Seasons is the Flagship! This is the standard by which all other luxury resorts should be compared to. Every single employee was very nice, helpful and did their jobs well. No one was treated better than anyone else and the grounds are amazing. It has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet! If I had to complain about something it would be that room service was a little slow. Thats not a big deal since EVERYTHING else was perfect! I strongly recommend this resort to anyone who likes sun, sand and the best of the best! One last thing, the breakfast in the morning is to die for!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I experienced the splendor of the Four Seasons Hotel in Maui in September 2012. From the moment you step foot in this amazing hotel you feel like you have just completed a 2 hour spa treatment. All anxiety and stress from the outside world goes away. The service is impeccable. The accommodations 5 star without the stuffiness. The food...well just ask my waistline. The concierge was spot on. I recommend it highly. Only bad part was that we had to leave.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Terrace, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

What an amazing resort in an amazing location! The room was beautiful, the staff,amazing and the grounds, spectacular! Best place I have ever stayed. The dinner at spago is a must and the morning breakfast at DUO was divine. The swim up bar was very clean and the ginger mint lemonade served in the lobby quickly became my favourite drink. Will definitely return again!

Room Tip: There is no bad room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My (new) husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons on Maui Sept 13 - 21, 2012. It was our first time staying at a Four Seasons so we were anxious to experience everything we had read about.

1. We booked through Whatahotel.com. Definitely do this. I find out about them on a Trip Advisor review from someone else and it was well worth it. I had never heard of them before, but I was able to email them and get several questions answered. They are a preferred agent with FS Maui so you get perks when you book through them. We got an automatic room upgrade with our reservation....Hello Prime Oceanview! Our rate also included the daily breakfast buffet which was amazing....but very expensive if you're paying for it separately. We also got a one time food/beverage credit that we used for dinner on our wedding night :)

2. The service at the resort is tops. Everyone is friendly and it doesn't feel fake or forced. And they go the extra mile for sure. My husband and I were in Maui just the 2 of us for our wedding so when they realized we were getting ready in the same room, they delivered my dress (after pressing it) hanging on a rack that was covered so my hubby-to-be couldn't see it. Very thoughtful. If you leave for the day they give you towels and bottles of water for during the day. If you need anything, they bring it to your room immediately.
When we got back from our wedding I used several of our glasses for my bouquet and other flowers. When we got back to our room the next day, they had but the flowers in vases for us.

3. The spa....we get massages a lot. But we booked an ocean-front couples massage for the morning after our wedding. NOTHING COMPARES. We loved it so much that we immediately booked a 2nd massage for 80 minutes with the same 2 people. And you can use the facilities at the spa at any time....rain showers, euculyptus steam rooms, wonderful toiletries, etc. The true definition of pampered.

4. September is not the busy season, so the resort was not full. We NEVER waited for seating at breakfast or a spot by the main pool. Twice we went to the adults only pool (awesome) at 8 and had no trouble getting chairs. We spent 2 full days at the pool just relaxing. Total indulgence for ordinary people who don't usually live that way.

5. The staff at the concierge desk were great. Lots of input on different excursions that we wanted to do and very helpful with all of the bookings. They gave me a Kindle for 3 days that already had books loaded onto it.

6. The salon was really great....very friendly staff that helped me get ready for my wedding day. I was nervous having never met them before and this being my wedding day....my hair and make up could not have turned out more perfect. They took pictures for me and even stopped to say hi when they saw us later in the evening.

7. We thought our room was wonderful. The bed was so comfy, the view and the lanai were so nice. The bathroom is unbelievable....huge, beautiful and oh what a shower. And the music that you can turn on in the bathroom is really cool. We left ours on the Hawaiian station the whole trip....it added to the ambiance.

8. The beach has the softest sand I've ever felt. We enjoyed playing in the mild waves. It does get windy and rough in the afternoon....that's when we went to the pool.

In the end, although I called this "Trip of a Lifetime" we have already decided we are going back. Nothing compares to the beauty of Maui and nothing compares the the FS Maui.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Everything was beautiful, and service expensive. But you get what you pay for, I guess. This resort is a bit out the way meaning you will have to take a taxi everywhere if you want to get out. But it's just plain beautiful, and the rooms are huge. I think the way they angled the room designs, all the rooms have some sort of a view of the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

nothing compares to staying at the 4seasons. literally: nothing. it's expensive, indulgent, luxurious and worth every penny if you feel like treating yourself to old world, old school, FINE attention to every detail.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!