“Every detail covered” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
“Every detail covered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Four Seasons. The food was wonderful and service was extraordinary, not a single request was denied. I was also very impressed with cleanliness and attention to lanscaping.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

You can't go wrong with this resort! We stayed at the Four Seasons for the second time in November and we are still dreaming about it. The difficult part is that now this is the only place we want to go for vacation!

It was my 30th birthday and we really wanted to stay at the Four Seasons again, but I waited too long to book and they sold out of the room type we really wanted. I called the reservation dept at the hotel, and the woman I spoke with was so great. She put me on hold and went to ask her manager if there was anything they could do. They booked us into the room we wanted over the phone! Soooo grateful for that! It would have been easy for her to say no, but she went above and beyond.

We arrived at the hotel pretty early in the morning, and I think they had us in our room within an hour. They even left special treats for my birthday! Our favorite part of this hotel is the adult pool. If you can be at the gate when it opens (7am, I believe), you will have your pick of all of the best chairs. If you want to leave to go to the beach or do something else for awhile, they will hold the chairs for you for an hour. The hot tubs are great and the pool is warmer than the pools at a lot of the other resorts, which is especially great in the winter. Very nice and relaxing area to hang out in. We also love the fact that they have an attendant at the beach that will set up fresh chairs for you each time with chair covers and towels. Wailea beach gets a little busy for our taste, but you have to expect that with so many resorts right there. You are a short drive from several beaches that are less busy, if you are so inclined.

We ordered room service this time and it was pricey, but VERY good. We had a package that included breakfast every morning, and of course, it was very good as well. We ate most of our meals outside of the resort this time to try some new things.

This resort is not cheap, but it really is a wonderful experience that you can't get many other places! Do it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Hands down this resort is above most others. The thoughtfulness and atmosphere here is like nothing I have ever seen before. My daughter had stayed here last year and they made it out to be so good that we were afraid we would be disappointed. It is like the saying "pay it forward" - I think that because the staff in EVERY area is so PLEASANT& HELPFUL the hotel guests are friendlier than any where else we have been. Everyone walks around smiling! And how can you not when the staff thinks of things like giving you cool towels during your workout, the valet offering you a bottle of water to go for your outing, snacks by the poolside, mint lemonade in the lobby.... We thought Hawaii was a place to visit once but we are already planning our next trip back!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the club floor and found it to be well worth the extra expense. Gigi and the other staf...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Our first time staying at a Four Seasons and now I know why everyone raves about it. We stayed 5 nights here and from the minute we arrived until the day we left the service was OUTSTANDING!! All you had to do was let the concierge know where you were going the next day and what time and they had the car waiting for you up front with directions to where you were going along with bottles of water. They would also ask if you wanted a picnic basket prepared for your trip. How is that for service?? The rooms were great and the views even better. This hotel made our Maui trip even more memorable than we could have imagined.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The Four Seasons Resort at Wailea is the absolute best. My family arrived on a Friday and besides using the hotel car for short trips we nevery left the resort. Everything about the stay was great from the helpful staff to the condition of the facility. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed 10 nights in a Prime Ocean View room. The spacious lanai overlooked the tranquil & spacious garden which was actually on the 3rd floor. There, you won't get any of the hustle & bustle which might be happening at the lobby or lower lobby floors where the pools & restaurants are. Perfect design for a most memorable & relaxing stay.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I just got back from the Four Seasons Maui. We stayed March 9th through March 19th. I booked through whatahotel (loraine travel). Because of this we received the full buffet daily ($85 dollar value a day for two people), a lunch at Ferraros ($85 value), room upgrade based on availability, and every 5th night free (so we had two free nights).

The buffet was great, but not sure I could justify $85 a day if it wasn't included. The lunch at Ferraros wasn't that good. My wife got the lobster salad sandwich and I got a burger. We have had better of both at many restaurants. A room upgrade wasn't available right away. I asked to be placed on a wait list (I realize an upgrade for 10 nights wasn't going to be easy). After 3 nights we were upgraded from our partial ocean view room to an ocean view prime. Both rooms were on the inside of the resort looking into the gardens and out onto the ocean. One was farther back (still a good view in my opinion). The prime ocean view was closer to the ocean. Definitely not worth it if we had to pay for it, but it was a good view. Because we spent such little time in the room, I would most likely look for a garden or mountain view next time.

What we really enjoyed that made our stay excellent:
- Room service & staff
- Workout area & staff
- Outrigger Canoe Program (free): Saw whales & turtles
- Valet guys top notch with directions, blankets, water & towels
- Duo: Again, we really liked the buffet. We also went here once for dinner. Really liked the dinner. It was expensive (just like Spago & Ferraros), but we felt it was worth it.
- Pool & Beach service was great. I did feel the serenity pool is somewhat over rated. We liked hanging out closer to the main pool near the lawn. Those chairs have really nice ocean views.

What could be improved:
- My wife thought the rooms were dated (carpet, furniture, bed). Bathroom, amenities & house keeping service were great.
- Spago: I'm more than willing to drop money on a meal if it's worth it. Our meal was good, but not worth the money.
- Ferraros: We were expecting better based on the reviews. Our lunch is mentioned above. We also ate here once for dinner. Again, not that great. My wife had the seafood pasta (don't recall the name, but it was recommended by the waiter as their signature dish) and I had the short rib & gnocchi. Mine was good, but serving size was really small. My wife didn't like her order, but it was huge.
- I know we were there in March, but the resort is really focussed on families. Some days it annoyed me a little and other days it didn't. I could see how some people could be put off by it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!