I've stayed at this resort several times with my husband and have always really loved it. This last time was the first time we took the kids with us. We stayed the last 3 nights of our 10 day Maui excursion (having just stayed for a week at Honua Kai for the first part of the trip). I hadn't been to the resort in a while & wanted to end our trip with a bit of luxury. It didn't disappoint! While the rooms of course are dramatically smaller and more expensive than the Honua Kai, it's that service & attention to detail that make this place so special. Despite our smaller dwellings, the kids really loved it, we really weren't in the room all that much. From the moment we arrived, the kids had special things waiting for them in our room (stuffed animal, mini-robes to use, treats, their names spelled out in sponge cutouts, special bath products). We had some little treats too for us. While the pool wasn't really anything special for the kids (a very baby slide, kind of boring pool stuff for my 9 & 7-year olds), they had the kids club, which they absolutely loved and were always begging us to take them to, as well as a game room with pool tables, ping pong, table shuffle board and several video game consoles. There is also a really nice beach in front of the resort (although it got VERY windy in the afternoon), as well as locals who for a fee will let your kids go on an on-ocean trampoline. I also really love their massages there. I always get the massages in the Hale/oceanside, they are really amazing, so relaxing to be right next to the ocean, and I've never had a bad therapist. Every time we left the valets gave us cold bottled water, and when we checked out, they gave us water and little treats for the kids. Be prepared to spend a lot poolside if you eat there, but as always, really great service. I went to check out the "Serenity Pool", which is their newer adults only pool. I'd say calling it the Serenity Pool is a bit of a mis-direct. It was very rowdy and loud, it was like a Vegas pool-scene for middle-aged folks. The big pool down below was WAY more tranquil and relaxing. There aren't many chairs available either at the Serenity Pool, although they have cabanas available to rent for almost the price of their cheapest rooms.
Only 4 bad things the entire stay:
1) our friends in another room found a roach in their room. Yes, they have big roaches in Hawaii, and I guess sometimes they end up in the room somehow. Still, eww.
2) the first night, we had to call to have turndown service. For some reason they'd forgotten and we had a pullout bed for the kids, for which we needed linens, kind of unusual for their service (you get to expect a lot from them!)
3) when we checked out, we had a ton of luggage with the other family and it all got scattered between the 2 cars. However, when we got to the airport, I realized we were missing a small carryon bag. After realizing that it was unlikely it got taken at the airport, I called the Four Seasons. They said they'd check & call back. About 10 minutes later, they called to say they'd found it thankfully, and that they'd be driving it to the airport. I am very thankful that that happened not only at a resort closer to the airport (than Lahaina) but also that it was the Four Seasons because they did the right thing taking it out to us.
4) No free wi-fi??? Really??? I would think this would be standard now at almost all hotels, especially high-end hotels. (I mean, Honua Kai had it!) I think this is a really lame thing for them to charge for, especially when they are otherwise really good at not nickeling & dime-ing people there (no charge for game room or kids club, for example). But wifi? They include wifi at the Serenity Pool cabanas. I just think that is very odd on their part.
But despite the negatives, I do love this resort, the whole place smells amazing like a spa, it's relaxing from the moment you arrive, and you just cannot beat the service (3 o'clock otter pops!) We'll definitely be back someday!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons