“Excellent happy hour choice” 4 of 5 stars

808-875-9983
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pi'ilani Hwy.
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent happy hour choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Friendly and professional service, great happy hour prices and quality food. We sat at the bar, enjoyed talking with others and the bartenders.

Visited February 2014

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Always consistent, always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Although a bit on the pricey side Tommy Bahama's is a great, and relaxing, place to eat. Have not found anything, in any Tommy Bahama's, that was a disappointment. This trip I tried the fish rueben. Wonderful. My wife had a warm salad (sorry I don't remember the name) with small lima beans, corn and another good tasting ingredient. The key lime pie was fantastic. Shh, don't tell my wife but the hostess was easy on the eyes!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Try the bar downstairs instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Food was just average, service was below average, price was high, portions pretty low.
We won't return

Visited February 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Our go to restaurant in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were in Maui two weeks in January and enjoyed this restaurant about five times during our stay. The food is delicious and the fresh-baked bread such a treat. If you want quiet, eat outside as the noise level can get rather loud inside. The hostesses are genuinely friendly and remembered us from previous visits. We loved Dave as a server and Jake was great, also. Of course, there are the quietly attentive people who make sure your water glasses are full and dishes served and taken away and they were great. This was our favorite restaurant and we set our restaurant guide to default to Tommy Bahamas. We were never disappointed. The chef really knows how to cook fish and the combination of flavors is delectable. My daughter reminded me to talk about desserts. The pineapple creme brulee is a piece of artwork and melts in your mouth. The butterscotch pudding was my daughter and husband's favorite. They even ordered it to go because they loved it so much. We are back home now and really miss Tommy Bahamas!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“2nd Trip - Still great! Don't let your hostess ruin it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I would assume there is a high standard for a restaurant with Tommy's name. Certainly the food is consistant, and the atmosphere is good. The reason I visited twice during my first trip to Maui, and the reason I've already been back this trip is the staff. In particular a bartender named Katie. Katie has obviously been a long term employee (or at least for the last two years) and her dedication to making a customers visit a good one is obvious the minute you sit down. She is engaging, offering options and opinions on food and drink and she's in tune - when's the last time somebody was really aware of your water glass? She is involved without being intrusive. She is excellent and its worth sitting at the bar to have her service.

I will say one thing - I came in the afternoon on a weekend when things were slow and your hostess was MIA. I watched her take a call (personal?) while 3 parties stood waiting to be seated. After seating the first group she was gone for 3-7 minutes, I watched her loinger by the kitchen and flirt with staff members while myself and another group patiently waited. This first impression would be enough for me to leave and try one of the other restaurants in the area, so I'd hope that her lack of focus and professionalism is acknowledged.

• Visited February 2014