A group of our friends were in Maui for a wedding and we wanted to stay in a central location with great beach access, a pool and lots of space for the 8 of us to stay. We ended up booking unit 24-6 at Hoolei through Maui Rental for 7 nights ($625 a night) and we couldn't have been happier. The unit was well equiped with pretty much all the things you would need to make a meal. Even a blender to make some great fruit smoothies. Beautiful wolf range and bbq. We roasted 2 chickens one night on the bbq rotiserie. There were even all clad pans in the pantry. Who can forget the sub-zero fridge. Sigh. The provided beach towels and boogie boards were very much appreciated.
The master suite was sumptuous and generally all the 3 bedrooms were elegantly appointed. The downstairs bedroom with two beds needed some more lighting. Otherwise the linens etc were great and there were lots of bath towels and other supplies ie: dish soap, toilet paper. There was also soap dispensers in every bathroom with some lovely aveda smelling liquid soap and a new bath puff.
The location was very central and basically a walk across the street and through the Grand Wailea resort to the beautiful Wailea beach. The Hoolei pool itself was nice and quiet. There is also a nice waterfall feature.
Its about a 5 minute drive to Foodland for groceries (which i would recommend over Safeway) and about a minute drive to the Shops at Wailea.
I think the one main complaint I would have is about the internet connection which seemed quite unstable when we were there. Skype was very difficult to use and even general internet use was quite shaky. The 24-6 unit is quite close to the street so you do hear street noises and there is no view while you are sitting on the expansive patio so if you want an even more serene stay I would recommend something higher up the hill.
The service we got from Maui Rental was prompt and didn't have any problem with the rental company.
All in all a wonderfully luxurious stay in this gated community.
- Also Known As:
- Ho`Olei At Grand Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Ho`Olei At Grand Wailea Hotel
- Ho'Olei At Grand Wailea Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending the outstanding amenities of Maui's most celebrated oceanfront resort with the charm of tropical residences, Ho'olei at Grand Wailea is located adjacent to the world-class Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort on Maui's southern shore. Each of our two-story villas is a private world of luxury – boasting finely appointed interiors, modern kitchens, private elevators, attached garages, and exclusive services. Bask in glorious western ocean views or the picturesque beauty of the Wailea Blue Golf Course, which surrounds our accommodations on three sides. Soak up the sunshine on pristine Hawaiian beaches or enjoy countless water sports - from scuba diving to whale watching. Enjoy privileged access to championship golf and the luxurious spa at the nearby Grand Wailea. Ideal for extended stays, family reunions, or weddings, our vacation villas offer comfortable luxury in a lush mesmerizing setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Amex, Tingo, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Ho'olei at Grand Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.