“It's beautiful, private, has great views...” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   3800 Wailea Alanui, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753   |
Offers & Announcements
Wailea Winter Deals
New Canaan
“It's beautiful, private, has great views...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for a week with 2 daughters, 13 and 12. We all loved it. You have a private entrance, your own garage parking spot (though narrow), and our place, unit 312, had all the amenities you could ask for. We were BELOW the negative review we read about from unit 512, and well, just have different conclusions. The trucks do come by, but they were pretty much in and out, no big deal. The luau at the Marriott is sort of a hoot....to hear people applauding every once in awhile, and hearing the music was kind of a kick....we could even see part of the fire ending which was cool, and it ends promptly at 8:45. There was even a wedding reception on the roof of the Marriott--maybe this would bother some people, but we just sat out on the lanai, had cocktails and played wedding critics...it was fun.
We did have two issues: once the giant doors did not work, and once the elevator key did not work....both handled immediately by staff.
We went over to both Makena resort, Grand Wailea, and the Westin near Lahaina during our visit. All three reminded us of the good decision we had made. As an aside, their balconies were about 1/10th the size of ours....oh, and ours had a grill....we felt spoiled...
If you want a quiet, private, beautiful place with great views, no crowds and good security, this is the place for you. Our expectations were high, and they were met. Dealing with the owner was very easy.
My daughters loved the upper pool and hot tub and it was never crowded. Most ever there besides us was four people You could sit where you want, anytime of day. Try that at any of the big resorts. Landing a beach chair there and keeping it is a strategy mission. No thanks.
It really did feel like a home away from home. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a corner unit if you can....balcony is twice the size.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just spent 6 fabulous days at the Wailea Beach Villas. We booked the top floor penthouse and the views were amazing! The penthouse building is closer to the family pool/gym and the "villas" are closer to the beach. The staff was wonderful (Chesha, the manager was great) and the accommodations were pure luxury. We loved that the pools were never crowded and that there was always someone to setup chairs and umbrellas when we were at the beach. The kitchen is FULLY equipped and the viking grill on the lanai was awesome. With two young children, we are so glad that we stayed at the Wailea Beach Villas (we were deciding between WBV or Four Seasons). Great location, direct access to the Shops at Wailea, and convenient parking right outside the elevator that leads to our unit. (Each unit has its own elevator access and assigned parking). We plan to stay here again the next time we're in Maui.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the Marriott seem to be noisier (especially if there is a rooftop event)- so if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Aloha.....Thank you for posting your review of Wailea Beach Villas. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mahalo,
greensboro, north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed in unit 512 (a top floor penthouse) located on the far end of the building closest to the Marriott. I had researched WBV extensively and selected this unit mainly for the view. It is the most expensive penthouse (approx. $1400/night) and took some convincing of my husband to book it. I knew it overlooked (on one side) a parking deck at the Marriott and was told by the management company that there might be some "ambient noise" from the deck when parties were taking place on the top level. OK, I thought, I can live with ambient noise from parties. Little did I know that this was only the tip of the "noise" iceberg.

After nine days at the WBV here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Lovely unit, well appointed, top-quality all around
2. Beautiful view from the deck/lanai.
3. Grounds were gorgeous.

Cons:
1. The unit was very noisy! The parking deck turned out to be also be the entrance to a kitchen or something along those lines, so there were constant comings and goings with golf carts carrying metal kitchen items all day long. But this was especially problematic on Luau nights. Also, there is noise when carts back up. Also there are loud delivery trucks.

2. There were constant trucks, etc. driving into WBV parking garage directly below this unit. One morning as we ate breakfast on the deck at 6:30, a linen truck pulled up -- loud and hard to ignore -- and of course, had to back up. You can imagine how much we enjoyed the beeping.

3. The luau at the Marriott is an annoyance! In our unit, you could clearly hear what was going on. The music was not so bad I suppose -- but the woman talking over the loud speaker for quite a while giving instructions, telling the history of the luau, telling about the roasting of the pig, etc. was not pleasant. I could hear every word! After having heard her for several nights, I can just about do her routine myself. You can hear her even if you are inside the unit. So for four nights a week you can forget about a leisurely, quiet, restful cocktail hour on your deck (or lanai if that is what it is called….) Starts around 4:30 and goes til 8. I was not told about noise from the luau at any point.

4. It took three days for front desk and housekeeping to understand my request that we wished to have our unit cleaned by 1:00 each day. Seems simple -- front desk confirmed it was not an unreasonable request and could easily be accommodated --- but it took three phone calls to the front desk over three days to get this accomplished. Not a big deal, but when we can back to our unit at 1:00-ish after having been out since very early (we were U.S. east coast time) hoping for a nap or quiet time only to find that our unit had stilled not been cleaned was annoying.

6. The beach crew was not very nice. The first day I went to the beach to get a chair there was no one at the beach. I waited a while, then went back to the pool to ask the person there who could help. She assured me someone would be along in a while. I went back to beach and hung out for a little while when beach person showed up. "I did not see you" he said. OK. So we walked to to beach, he pointed at the chairs and said "pick one." When I pointed to a group of two chairs he said, "well which one do you want?!" (Geez -- sorry to be such a bother…) I wondered why I needed him if all I had to do was "pick one…"

Next day, husband and I show up at beach, no one there. We see several sets of two chairs and take one of them. About a half hour later, beach guy shows up. Is looking for two chairs that another guest had had set up for him a while earlier, but he could not find. (How about you just put two more chairs out for the guy and call it a day?) Asks for our room number. We give it to him. He walks away.

Comes back about 5 minutes later --"did you check in with us before taking these chairs?" We said no -- no one was there. His response "So you are the ones who caused the problem. From now on, check in with us before you choose a chair." You can bet I did not intend to check in with anyone after that….

All in all, we spend ALOT of money on this unit and expected a quiet location where we could enjoy the fabulous view from the deck/lanai. Why else rent a top floor unit that was very expensive in relation to those NOT on the top floor? I understand that management cannot control these things. But why was I not told something about the location of this unit? Someone at the villas should have alerted us to the noise from the kitchen area at the Marriott (which most clearly was not limited to "ambient noise" from roof top parties), from the noise from trucks, etc. coming to garage area right below our unit, and let us know that the luau was very loud and could clearly be heard from our unit.

(There was also construction going on at Marriott that just added to our woes. I suspect management company would not have told us about that either although project had obviously been going on for a while -- scaffolding had been erected. We had a nice view everyday of workers, and got to watch and listen to high fork lift which back up often, if you know what I mean.)

Although the place is gorgeous, the location perfect, I would not rent this unit again, or any unit on the Marriott side of the place. I also would think twice given what I experienced with WBV staff.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the Marriott side of the property. Very noisy, especially on luau nights.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Why stay in a tiny hotel room when you can stay at the Wailea Beach Villas? It's like staying in your own apartment right in the heart of Wailea! The property, staff, and rooms are all first-class...and I love that you get an assigned parking stall (so you can find your car!). Accommodations were immaculate, and I kept finding new gadgets and things in the kitchen I didn't know I needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Aloha...We appreciate you taking the time to post your review of Wailea Beach Villas. I was excited to read that you enjoyed it so much and we would love to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Tracey and the staff help to make this lovely property special when you venture out in to the island to make great choices of activities and restaurants The condos are stunning and the property is magnificent.

• Stayed March 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed in a corner unit of the Penthouse building for this, our first trip to Hawaii.

We knew when we first walked in the door that we made the right choice.

Opening the doors to the lanai brings the beauty of Wailea into your living room. We had many meals on the lanai, spotted whales, and watched beautiful sunsets.

The grill was great to have. We grilled fresh fish that we bought at Eskimo Candy in Kihei (about 10 minutes away), a great place that was recommended by the concierge who gave us lots of other helpful information.

Wailea Beach is beautiful, as are the other beaches along the mile and a half beach path. Good snorkeling at Ulua Beach which is a 10-minute walk.

We had a nice breakfast at Longhi's in the Shops at Wailea. We also rented our snorkel gear at the Shops from the Maui Dive Shop.

The location and view from the unit are wonderful and the furnishings are very tasteful. Some lovely pictures and sculpture from the area.

I highly recommend staying at this unit if you visit Maui. The staff at the Villas is very helpful and all of our interactions with the property manager were great. This was a dream vacation for our family!

Please visit VRBO and search for Listing #122177 to see this amazing place.

Aloha.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Home last night from another amazing stay at the Wailea Beach Villas. We first visited this property 5 years ago, and it was just as spectacular the second time around. The villas are gorgeous, comfortable, extremely well appointed, and ideally located on Wailea Beach, right in the heart of the resort area and a quick walk to the Shops at Wailea. With 3 young kids, having the ability to eat and prepare some meals in the villa, have laundry in the unit, and plenty of space to spread out really made the vacation even more enjoyable. Traveling from the east coast, the kids were each up at different times as they got adjusted to the time difference. Being able to prepare breakfast as the kids got up, and sit with coffee on the lanai as the sun came up was so stress-free...I can't imagine how stressful it would have been if we had to get everyone up and out at the same time to wait in line at a resort restaurant for an expensive breakfast. I used the fitness center every day and although small, it was well appointed and quite nice, overlooking the family pool.

Tracy, the resort concierge, was super nice, knowledgeable, and a tremendous help, suggesting interesting activities and dining options, and making the needed reservations for us. A highlight of the trip was the outrigger canoe whale watch that he suggested--we took a canoe right out onto the open ocean as whales blew and breached around us. Amazing! Something that can only be done in Maui.

The family pool near the penthouses was lovely, convenient, and never ever crowded (same for the adult pool on the ocean). What a contrast to the neighboring resorts where people are fighting for chairs! Towels were always available, as was water and sunscreen provided for guests free of charge. Beach toys were available as well. The beach attendants were always quickly available to set up chairs and umbrellas but the ocean, and walked around with water for resort guests--a very nice touch. Additionally, we met many nice people and families during our stay, which made it feel like a little community.

We booked a 10PM flight out and were able to use the beach and pools all day, and shower in the locker room by the fitness center before we left for dinner and our flight. We really felt like we got a "bonus day" as a result, and the resort staff was more than happy to accommodate us, even though we had checked out at 11AM.

We absolutely love this property and are already planning our return trip! Having stayed at many high end resorts, we are extremely picky about our vacation accommodations, but the WBV are at the very top of our list. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Maui.

Room Tip: Our room in the penthouses, M211, had been redecorated weeks before our arrival. What a pleasant su...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Aloha.....We appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review of Wailea Beach Villas. It is an extraordinary property and my only hope is that you do not have to wait another 5 years to enjoy once again.

Mahalo,
Destination Resorts Hawaii

Been to Wailea Beach Villas? Share your experiences!