“Morimoto Magic” 4 of 5 stars

808 879 1234
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wailea Ike Dr.
Sydney
“Morimoto Magic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Love the food! Fan of Morimoto Waikiki. Didn't like that we were asked to wait at the bar for our table which was ridiculous as there were tables immediately available. They did however take us straight to our table when I asked if they would like to treat us to a drink at the bar as we had to wait. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the food but one thing I would ask is that wait staff not interrupt conversations.

Visited December 2013

Boston
“Japanese like you have never seen it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

…from the quality of food to the presentation. Everything was exquisite here. The knowledge of all the staff (multiple visits) was nothing short of impressive. The selections and the creativity was fantastic. The beef carpaccio was so good I got it both times I went. My sweetheart was more daring than I was and truly loved the sushi selections. Everything was so good, wish we had access to sushi and food like this on the east coast. Make this a priority if you visit Maui!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, British Columbia
“Outstanding Omakase!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Given the limited reviews for this new restaurant, I wasn't sure what to expect. I hadn't been able to find the menu anywhere online but being sushi lovers we figured we should find out for ourselves what this place is like. Our server was friendly and everyone who ended up serving appeared to be knowledgeable about the food they were presenting. This proved to be useful since we decided to do the 7 course omakase menu with sake and wine pairings. We are adventurous eaters so we figured the omakase would be a great way to try out the all kinds of different dishes. We were advised by the waiter that the omakase menu is always different so you'll never have the same one again if you go back. Ours began with a gorgeous tuna tartare and every dish that followed was equally beautiful and delicious. Despite being seven courses, we managed to get through everything from pot pie to nigiri to dessert without being tremendously full. I'm not sure that this is somewhere an unadventurous eater would enjoy but for us it was fantastic and the omakase made it into a real dining experience.

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“Incredible Japanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Andaz so we ate here several times. It was exceptional every time. The staff is very attentive and very well trained. There was a slight feeling of arrogance which I am always watchful for in nice restaurants. I think the key to the best service is making every customer feel whatever choice they make is perfect.
They did prepare an amazing sushi picnic for us on the lawn for about 18 people. The food was fabulous and the experience was something we will all remember.

Visited November 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Lamb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had the Lamb dish, it was quite salty, was only able to finish half. Wait staff was very attentive and professional.

Visited November 2013